All reviews continental breakfast fridge and microwave clean bathroom decent size quiet at night nice amenities hot tub picnic tables would stay here again king room bit dated wi fi one night stay national park a great stay bear lake rocky mountain
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I arrived at the Saddle and Surrey for a short stay in a Estes Park. The check in was great and the room was just as expected; clean, remodeled and upkept. Unfortunately I became ill soon after arriving (breathing problems due to high altitude) the owner worked with me on a refund, which I did not expect. Sadly, I had to cut my entire trip short due to my lung issues but will not forget owners kindness. Will recommend to others.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John R
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

I almost didn’t pick this motel. I was afraid it was just another rundown motel that I would absolutely regret. I went ahead and trusted the other reviews and chose to stay here for the week. There are absolutely no regrets. It is very clean and well kept. The staff are all great and super friendly. Another issue I was having was not really knowing how close the motel was to everything. There are tons of restaurants, a grocery store and easy access trailheads all close by. Parking is right outside our door. We are in room 10 which is right next to the office. We can hear the people in the office when they come in for breakfast and coffee but it isn’t a deal breaker. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. At checkin they mentioned that they just put in a new hot tub. I haven’t tried it yet but it is in the plan.

Oh. For the second time in 2 days there have been moose right outside our door. Today there were 6 of them!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 71,52,014
Reviewed 25 August 2018

This was our first stop during our vacation. We had never been to Estes Park so I was going in blind. After price shopping, I found Saddle and Surrey to be priced fair given the room offered and location. In the end this was a jewel.
The motel is located about 2 miles outside town and close to a few trailheads. Its a classic ranch-style facility with "pull up to your door parking". The lady at the front desk was terrific - nothing but smiles and happiness.
Our room was more than spacious. The kids loved having their own bed, and I slept comfortably on the futon.
Very clean motel, inside and out.
And one of the most beautiful sunrises we saw during our trip was standing in the S&S parking lot.
I would gladly stay at this motel during a future visit to Estes Park

Room Tip: Take the corner unit, on the right side of the motel
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
saddlesurrey, Owner at Saddle & Surrey Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2018

Thanks for your response, we appreciate hearing from our guests.

Reviewed 21 August 2018

My husband and I just stayed at the hotel for five nights while we hiked in Rocky Mt. National Park. The manager and her family were really welcoming, very friendly and pleasant. Several times we used the picnic tables outside as we made our "camp" dinner, and the manager was always encouraging. The custodian keeps the rooms super clean and you have everything you need -- a fridge, toiletries, etc. There's a nice basic breakfast every morning. We really enjoyed our stay here -- it's very family-like.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

This was our second stay at the Saddle and Surrey. Our last stay was 6 years ago and had a great stay so we did not hesitate to book this Hotel again. Our room was spacious very clean and well appointed with a refrigerator and microwave. The breakfast was nice with hot and cold cereal muffins and pastries. They have a pool which we used ( needed to be cleaned) and a new Hot Tub. Good value and will stay here again next time we come to Estes Park.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple