“Very cheap, good hotel a bit removed from the park” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Saddle & Surrey Motel
Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Estes Park
Oakland, CA
“Very cheap, good hotel a bit removed from the park”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

This place is a great value. The staff is very friendly and the rooms are clean if a bit cramped. The furniture is a bit old but comfortable and our room had a fridge and microwave. It's quiet and has bunnies hopping around the parking lot. Situated across town from Rocky Mountain National Park, maybe a 10-15 minute drive. Free breakfast was a selection of muffins and pastries plus coffee. Nothing amazing but very, very cheap.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Klipzlskim
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
West Yellowstone, Montana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

I stayed at the Saddle and Surrey Motel In Estes Park the 3rd week of October. The off season price for my room was $50.00. It was a great value and I truely enjoyed my stay. When I arrived there were white tail deer on the lawn and the next morning there were about six elk outside my room. The room was spotless clean and included flat screen tv, microwave, refrigerator and hairdryer. The only thing missing was a coffee pot which I dearly missed. The bathroom was very clean and obviously newly renovated... only draw back a very small stand up shower. The owners were extremely nice. They gave me the standard bear aware speech and advised me to drink plenty of water at this elevation. I was exhausted and she expressed concern that I was getting dehydrated and even gave me a bottle of water. Breakfast of pastries and muffins was included with coffee availble in the office. I definitely would stay here again and felt the place was a great bargain.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
6 Thank Kimberly B
colorado springs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

Clean, neat, lovely. Large room, huge flat screen TV. Microwave. Excellent value will definitely stay here when we return.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank BoomersGoingGlobal
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

Stayed here due to rating on trip advisor. Very friendly owner. I reserved the room via phone, while traveling from Nebraska. She asked what temperature the room should be, and what time I expected to be there. On arrival, she gave us area info, and two bottles of water to make sure we were hydrated! Room was large, very clean, had flat screen tv, kitchenette, tub and sitting room. Great value. About four miles from Rocky Mtn NP.

• Stayed October 2011
3 Thank Mary W
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2011

I'll start off by saying I am not a motor lodge/motel type of traveler. I prefer to stay at a nice Marriott or something, I don't like to break the bank, but I also value nice amenities. My husband and I wanted to get out of town and into nature for one night and since I'm pregnant, camping was off limits (I wasn't about to sleep on a blow up mattress). The reviews looked great on tripadvisor, the price was right, so we figured we'd take the gamble and book a room.

I am so happy we did! Our room was SPOTLESS. Everything from bed linens to furniture to the tv was an excellent condition and just so clean. We had a king room with shower, it was cute with wood paneling and newer comforter and couch. A little reminiscent of a small swiss lodge with the pine paneling and funiture. The rooms (or at least our room, I assume all the rooms) are completely updated from what you see on their website. The owners were so sweet and gracious. We didnt spend much time in the room as we were enjoying RMNP and Estes Park, but we slept great. We will definitely stay here next time we decide to take a little weekend trip to Estes Park!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple