“Fried Ice Cream to write home about”

Ed's Cantina & Grill
Ranked #22 of 142 Restaurants in Estes Park
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 18
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Love going there to eat on the patio by the river. We like the Nacho's but all of the food is good along with the friendly staff. The fried Ice Cream isn't your garden variety fried ice cream. Depending on the day you may have Cookie Dough, Cherries Jubilee or some other exotic ice cream they have arranged for the day. Convenient downtown location with parking. Good food and very friendly staff. You won't be disappointed.

Date of visit: November 2018
summertimeCO, Owner at Ed's Cantina & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Well Mr. Mayo!! I thank you for your continuous support and kind words! It is always a pleasure to server you and your wife! Its ones like yourself that encourages us to be the best we can be for both our locals and visitors! I look forward to seeing your smiling faces soon.
P.S. Todays Fired Ice Cream is Peanut Butter Cup;)

Reviewed 11 November 2018 via mobile

This restaurant offers a Mexican selection of food which was very good. It was very busy so you may have to wait. We chose to sit at the bar. They offer a nice selection of local beers.
Nice place to eat

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 9 November 2018

Hubby and I found their beef tacos chewy and small. Tasted ok but nothing to come back for. Home made salsa was very good with the chips--worth it. Queso made with mayo? was white and not my cup of tea. Avocado margarita? I'm going to have to come back again, just for those. One thought: how can a Mexican restaurant not have carnitas on it's menu?

Date of visit: November 2018

Hi Maryanne! Thank you for your review on your recent visit to Eds Cantina! I am thrilled to hear you loved the chips and house made salsa! Sounds like you got some fatty pieces of steak in your street sized tacos, Thank you for bringing this to my attention as I will communicate with the kitchen on being extra careful when carving our sirloin steak! Our queso is made with cream cheese, white american cheese, cream and milk then topped with pico de gallo. After years of making a yellow queso our customers voiced the desire for a white queso, but I appreciate your feedback on preferring a yellow queso. We have always offered pork carnitas on our menu but this winter I am focused on finding the best pork I can get my hands on locally, farm raised and hormone/antibiotic free! You will certainly have to come give us another try for our famous Avocado margarita and maybe by then I will have found the perfect carnitas for our menu! Thank you for sharing, take care!

Reviewed 6 November 2018

We knew it was gonna be good because the parking nearby was always full, but don’t worry there is plenty parking for everyone!! We had no idea how much food we would be getting and the chips and salsa and quac were sooo good we just kept eating and eating it, yummm! Then the food came and whoa, such a big burrito!! It was so good I just wanted to eat every last bite even though I was stuffed to the gills!! Pace yourself people!

Date of visit: October 2018
summertimeCO, Owner at Ed's Cantina & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2018

Thank you Suzette for your wonderful kind words and giving us a 5 star rating! I am thrilled parking was not tough and you enjoyed yourself at Eds Cantina! Hope to see you back again soon, take care!

Reviewed 6 November 2018

I gave this a poor rating because we ordered a dinner for 8 people and walked to pick it up from our vacation rental, and were assured that everything was there and we paid and walked back home and when we opened it up , HALF of the meals we ordered weren't there and the food that was there was not the right food. We called asap and they reduced our credit card charge for the missing meals but that being said, half of us had to eat what leftovers were in the fridge. We had been told that the bar food and drinks are good--so maybe if you go in person things would be great , but we had a poor experience with them on take out.

Date of visit: September 2018

Thank you for filling us in on your recent experience. Although we were able to credit back your money for the missing and incorrect dishes, I am very sorry to hear this happened. I will be sharing your review with the team as a reminder of the importance of checking all in house orders and to go orders. I am also sorry to hear you were assured that your meal was correct before you left, putting much faith in us. I hope for another opportunity to welcome you back so we can make this right! I appreciate this feedback. Take care!