“Great way to get a quick tour of RMNP!”

Yellow Wood Guiding
Ranked #6 of 26 Tours in Estes Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Private customized Wildlife, Photo, and Nature Tours in Rocky Mountain National Park. Tours are limited to 4 guests, in a covered vehicle. Each guest is provided the best binoculars and camera gear available, coupled with the outstanding knowledge our guide offers. See more scenery, more wildlife, and take better pictures during your trip. No other guide service in Rocky can offer a better private customized experience.
Newfoundland
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great way to get a quick tour of RMNP!”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

My wife and I had the pleasure of spending a very cold, beautiful morning with Jared.
Jared picked us up at our hotel and for 3-4 hours we toured around RMNP looking for wildlife and photo opportunities.
Jared provided us with great information about the park, the wildlife contained in it and photography in general.
I would recommend this tour to anyone!

Visited January 2012
1 Thank ckdnl
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Definitely should be #1 on your to do list when visiting Estes Park!”
Reviewed 2 January 2012

What a fantastic tour this was! Jared was very knowledgeable not only on the wildlife, but also photography. Thanks to him, I now have the knowledge to make the most of my photos. I was able to use Jared's tips the very next day, with great results. Do not miss this when in Estes Park!

The Woodlands, TX
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Informative and Immensely Enjoyable”
Reviewed 29 December 2011

My husband, two sons (aged 11 & 6) and I went on this tour with Jared yesterday and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Jared wanted to set out really early (we met him at around 7 a.m.), and admittedly, it was quite a task getting the kids out of their warm, cozy beds on a cold day. But from the moment I saw this gorgeous sunrise going down the hill in Windcliff, I just knew the day would be great. From our car, we transferred to Jared's vehicle which was packed with toys for the big boys --- camera equipment, binoculars (one for each of us) , etc. We had not driven for many miles when we spotted an elk, and Jared explained that he wanted to meet early because that is the time when the animals are out and about. It was a very windy day and it amazed us all how Jared was able to take the weather conditions into consideration in our quest to find the animals. He explained that since it was very windy, they would want some protection from the wind, so they would probably be behind these rocks, or on this hill, etc, then he would take out his binoculars and sure enough, he would find them there. Amazing! Through his patience and expert knowledge, we were able to spot elks, a coyote, turkeys, rams and mule deers. Besides that, we now know that a thicket of aspens is actually just a single tree connected by an elaborate root system, that turkeys actually do mathematics as they walk, that only 5% of the male elk population mate in their lifetime, that when an animal looks at you straight in the eye, it means "Do not come closer" and that a lot of animals in the wild have white butts because.... (let Jared explain that for you). Overall, it was four hours well spent. You'll end up feeling as if you've seen the best of the Rocky Mountains and are now a bit more knowledgeable about its wonders.

Visited December 2011
2 Thank woodlandfairy
Minot, North Dakota, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Don't Miss This!”
Reviewed 16 December 2011

Jared was fantastic! My husband and I took a 3.5 hour snowshoeing tour with Jared on the second day of our honeymoon in Estes Park. It was perfect - Jared was knowledgeable, conversational, friendly, and very informed. We got a great mix of history, wildlife education, and "practical" knowledge for me (the person who's never snowshoed before). We did about 2 miles between Bear Lake and Dream Lake, and he made sure it was a solid pace, but nothing so challenging that I wasn't able to enjoy the magnificence of RMNP! I look forward to taking another tour with him in the Summer! He even recommended some great food for lunch afterwards, and a few drives we should take for any additional sightseeing later on.

Visited December 2011
Boulder, Colorado
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Awesome day!”
Reviewed 13 December 2011

Jared was great, my trip was my parents, myself- an avid photographer, and my 85 year old grand father. He tailored our trip to fit my grandfather's activity level. He gave us great information about the park's history and the wildlife. I'd been to RMNP many times previously but felt like I was seeing new things. My parents and my grandfather really enjoyed the experience.

I loved that he shot NIkon- since I do too and he allowed me to hook my camera up to his equipment and even had some helpful tips for me. After the tour my family treated Jared to dinner at one of the local restaurants and he was great company.

I'm planning on booking him again for a tour when I next have the cash. It was a great day and I've since gone back to some of the spots we visited on our photo safari.

Visited January 2011
2 Thank Megan595

Been to Yellow Wood Guiding? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK