All reviewsgreat locationgas fireplaceluxury king roomjacuzzi tubwithin walking distancenice roomstay there againelkhorn averestaurants and shopscomfortable bedsvisitor centermini fridgea great staystayed nightsthe rocky mountain national parkrjdowntown
Reviewed 11 July 2012

For the second year in a row my family and I have stayed at the Haber Motel in Estes Park, CO. This quaint place is tucked away in the very center of town. Access to anything you want to visit within walking distance. Private parking space is a plus. Beds are luxurious and room is spacious with separate areas for bath and getting dressed. Price may seem high for a motel, but the place is EXTRA nice for the money. Proud to be able to recommend the Haber once again!

Room Tip: Go to the Haber's website to see what rooms and dates are available.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Br0ck
Reviewed 4 July 2012

No need to repeat what others have said about the unappealing exterior and the lack of service during non-check-in hours. The lovely, spacious, well-furnished room compensates. Also, the great location and easy parking are valuable pluses.

HOWEVER, the lack of full housekeeping service is a reason NOT to stay more than a day or two. The housekeeper makes the bed, but does not clean the bathroom or anything else. By our
fourth day, we thought this was a major negative, especially because there is no discount for a multi-night stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank econoclass
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We stayed here And the place is very clean, everything is so nice! Tastefully decorated, cozy fireplace, spacious quarters, comfortable beds it's just very neat and well maintained. We will be back.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank trustme096
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We had a decent 1 night stay at the Haber Motel in June. The Haber motel has 6 rooms, rooms 1,2,3 is on the bottom floor and rooms 4,5,6 on the top floor. We were in room 2 so it was nice to not have to lug our luggage upstairs

Pros
Huge rooms
Downtown location
Fairley clean

Cons
Customer service - I was concerned about the fires in colorado and called about the situation in estes park. The guy that answered the phone was just flat out rude. Instead of the "don't worry, you are ok and we would be glad to refund your money if you are unable to get to the park" i got the "we're fine" silence..." "um yeah if you can't get here of course we'll refund you" in a rude tone.

Noise - we could hear people walking up the stairs and while they were moving around upstairs.

Overall it was a decent 1 night quick stay. It wasn't great enough for us to want to come back for multiple days. If we came back for multiple days, i would pick a place with a scenic view (not back of a restaurant, that smelled when you walk by) or commute from boulder.

Room Tip: Stay in a room upstairs to cut back on noise, stay downstairs if you don't want to lug your luggage.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jane O
Reviewed 22 June 2012

I booked this based on previous reviews posted on TA and was certainly not disappointed. Unfortunately we only had two nights at Estes Park, and could certainly have taken more time, but on a long trip like we were on, it is hard to decide when planning. Of all the accommodation we have stayed at during this four week trip to the US and Canada, the Haber Motel was a surprise packet and delivered far more than I had expected from the reviews.

I agree with some other reviewers that it is located in an unusual position and I had to drive around for a while to locate it behind ‘The Egg and I’ in a bit of a confusing road junction for someone like myself driving on the ‘wrong’ side of the road. The outside appearance is nothing special either. We arrived mid afternoon and the office was open (not before 11am). We had been allocated suite 1 on the ground floor as requested as I would have struggled with luggage on the stairs to the first floor suites. The lady was very nice and check-in smooth.

Then we saw the interior of the suite – wow. Absolutely lovely as described perfectly by many other previous recent reviewers so I will not post the details again, but confirm how well the spaces within the suite have been utilised to give so much comfortable and usable space. Very nice indeed, very clean, and the beds were the most comfortable that we have so far found. Whatever the brand of the bed, if they sold that in my home country it would be high on the list of my future purchases.

Again, as mentioned by other recent posters, the location is within very easy walking distance of much of the Estes Park township, and Coopers across the road was a great pub for a few beers and a meal with an outside area on the edge of the lovely stream that flows through the town, but across the road from the Motel. I was less than impressed with breakfast at ‘The Egg and I’ as I did not want some very fancy omelette concoctions, just some plain bacon and eggs which were not on the menu, but this has nothing to do with the motel.

I might also mention that I am a smoker, although have not smoked in ANY building, not even my home, for over ten years, and the owner/manager advised smoking was permitted at the ends of the building. On my first evening I went for a smoke to the right of the building and there was an elk nibbling on the little bit of green growth there, no further than 20’ from the end of the building where I was standing. That was a big bonus.

There was free wifi which was very simple to connect to and very fast. The only problem experienced was with the coffee maker which would not work on the first night, but when reported the next day this was quickly rectified with an explanation that the switch in the circuit box was a bit touchy. We had no further problem with it after that.

I can highly recommend the Haber Motel as a great place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple