1,039 results
All reviews horseback riding dining hall mini golf arts and crafts wind river lodge roller skating family reunion cafeteria food longs peak lodge lodge rooms sweet memorial rustic cafe zip line administration building pine room craft room craft shop
Reviewed 30 October 2018

I don't have time to tell you how amazing this place is! We stayed here over the summer for our family reunion. I booked rooms for 50 people and they were able to get us all in the same building, and provided a very nice meeting room that was ours to use the entire time we were there. The staff was awesome and you really can't beat the views.

If you are looking for luxury, look elsewhere, but the rooms were comfy and private, and we had an amazing balcony that looked out over the valley. They don't provide daily maid service, but who honestly needs that? just hand your towels up and reuse them.

There was so much to do that is included that we actually ran out of time and didn't get to do everything! Maybe if you stayed a week you'd get the opportunity to do everything you wanted.

The food was average cafeteria type food, but it was plentiful and no one in my group complained, and we even had some special dietary concerns that were easily met.

Overall, I would love the opportunity to stay here again, you just have to book WAY IN ADVANCE because they fill up so quickly!! We booked our family reunion over a year in advance in order to get the necessary rooms. Again, I loved this place and would definitely return whenever possible.

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed 29 October 2018

Over the years my family of all ages has really appreciated the YMCA camp. There are many choices of room types.including inexpensive basic lodge rooms (with private bath) which can accommodate various sizes up to 6, and multi-bedroom cabins with kitchens, some with fireplaces and will allow pets with extra charge.This time there were only 3 of us so we stayed in Wind River lodge. There was lots of space although the room is basic and comfortable. (No TV but it was not needed with all of the activities available.) We went for the Halloween activities and to make memories with our granddaughter. SO much fun from trick or treating for the children, Haunted house excellently decorated. With customized levels of scare factor so good for all ages! Other activities we took advantage of : Swimming pool, roller skating, crafts room (extra charge) , and crafts activities (making slime and trick or treat bags.) Just walking around the various buildings and area is so peaceful. It is just on the edge of Rocky Mountain National Park with a view of the high mountains. This is not a luxurious resort but a comfortable, welcoming place to come with family, friends, or a group to spend time together, enjoy the beautiful outdoors, participate in fun activities, and make memories together.

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed 15 October 2018

ALL of the staff was amazing here! Super helpful, friendly and genuine! We stayed in the Emerald Mountain Lodge, very clean and comfortable! We took a girls weekend and went snowshoeing! The hikes were organized through the YMCA with a phenomenal guide, Roy Powell. We hikes one day and went on snowshoes adventure to Emerald Lake the next day. We used the YMCA equipment for snowshoes. It was amazing with the views and just overall. We want to go back in the fall now and see the lakes thawed out and it that grand beauty.

Date of stay: March 2018
1  Thank MargieMc65
YMCARockies2017, Public Relations Manager at YMCA of the Rockies, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Thanks, MargieMc65! We are so glad you had a great girls' weekend! Fall is one of the most beautiful times here. We look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed 11 October 2018

Sleeping: The rooms were fine, although showing some signs of age. We arrived on a weekday mid-afternoon in October and rooms were ready.

Eating: Mixed reviews here. We only went for breakfast. First day the food was fine, it met our expectations for cafeteria-type buffet. Second day, different main dishes and not so well received. There were many school groups (weekend mornings). Our advice: Get there early to avoid having food run out and getting cold.

Swimming: Pool was warm (86 degrees). I am a workout swimmer. 6-8 a.m. is lap swim with lanes set up. There is a pace clock, kickboards and a few pull buoys. Lanes are a little narrow so sharing is possible with some care.

Date of stay: October 2018
1  Thank IndySwimRun
Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

In reading most reviews, it sounds like many people have thoroughly enjoyed their experience here. I don’t disagree that the surroundings are beautiful, the staff very friendly. However, that does not make up for the fact that I slept in a bed (in one of the 16 bedroom retreat lodges) that had a confirmed case of bed bugs. Simply horrifying, to say the least. I found one crawling on my shower curtain the first night. Thinking it was a tick, I killed it and went to bed. The next day I woke to blood on my sheets and small black dots in my pillow cases and sheets (their feces). They sent in someone on staff that next night who tore the bed apart inch by inch only to find a colony of bugs in the box springs. I had to leave all my belongings in my room and slept in a room with another coworker that night. The staff fumigated all my belongings the next morning by laundering on high heat - or so they said. I have about 20 bites on my arms, back & face. They didn’t show up on me until about 2 weeks later, so now I don’t know if it’s a delayed reaction or if one hitched a ride home with me. It’s so unsettling and I’m on edge every night going to bed... in my own house, mind you!!! Be VERY cautious if you stay here and checks your beds, nightstands, etc, thoroughly. The Y has high turnover, international travelers, and I’m not the first case of bed bugs at this place. My sleep will never be the same and I can’t imagine ever staying here again or recommending to anyone. In fact, I will probably never look at any hotel bed the same again.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
YMCARockies2017, Public Relations Manager at YMCA of the Rockies, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

We are so sorry about your experience. Unfortunately, as you mention, the more people travel, the more likely they are to bring bed bugs to their next destination. As a result of this trend in the travel industry, we have a number of protocols in place to identify and treat for bed bugs as well as prevent them from spreading if they do hitch a ride here. As you experienced, we promptly treat with heat - a best practice in the industry. Since your visit, the mattress and box spring have been replaced, the room has been thoroughly cleaned and re-inspected, and has been occupied again with no issues. The entire building has subsequently been inspected by a nationally known third-party pest control service and no bed bug activity was detected in any rooms. I can tell you that we take this issue very seriously and we sincerely hope that this experience can soon be put behind you.