The Oceanfront Lodge was a chain hotel in a different life and you can tell. That said, we found the hotel clean, the rooms comfortable and well-appointed. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the chocolate chip cookies at the desk tasted like heaven after a day of traveling. The Lodge sits at the edge of town but within walking distance, ten minutes give or take. It also sits right on the water with dramatic views of the ocean. There is a beachwalk accessible from the common room. The complimentary breakfast was standard fare which is always a plus in my opinion. I don't have to venture farther than the breakfast room for my first cup of coffee and bowl of cereal; especially if the weather is being cranky, which it can be in this neck of the
woods. I've read the other reviews, and my experience was not the same. We either got lucky or things have changed. I would certainly stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront Lodge, only 30 feet from the edge of the rugged Northern California coast, is the premier hotel in Crescent City, CA. During your stay, enjoy sweeping ocean vistas and a spectacular view of the famous Battery Point Lighthouse from one of our modern comfortable guestrooms. Our gracious hotel is also located in the heart of scenic Redwood country-truly an outdoor lover's paradise where hiking, fishing, bird-watching, and whale-watching opportunities are plentiful. Our inviting rooms are designed for comfort and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your Oceanfront Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceanfront Hotel Crescent City
- Hampton Inn Crescent City
- Crescent City Hampton Inn