Oceanfront Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
A On 8th(Crescent City)
  • Breakfast included
Motel 6 Crescent City(Crescent City)
Pacific Inn(Crescent City)
Redwood Inn(Crescent City)
Bayview Inn(Crescent City)
View Hotel
Town House Motel(Crescent City)
  • Free Internet
View Hotel
All reviewsbalcony roomjetted tublight housebattery point lighthousewaves crashingview of the oceanwafflesthird floorpacific coastlow tidefree breakfastindoor poolstaff was very friendly and helpfulnice breakfastroad tripbalconiesredwoods
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 January 2012

We enjoyed our stay and really liked the views. The location is a little off the beaten path, but overall a good place. We will stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2011

We have been there so many times and i can say it's much better than when it was Hampton. The food was extremely yummy and there were sausage, sausage patties, hard boiled eggs and french toast. There were at least 6 different kinds of fruits-watermelon, cantaloupe, orange, green apples, red apples and bananas. Muffins, coffee, bread, waffles, yogurt, cereal, milk, hot chocolate. The price was a bit high but i think it was worth it. The view was spectacular. I have traveled throughout california many times on business trip but never found a view better than that in front of Oceanfront Lodge. The room was very clean and wonderful. The staff was very welcoming. I would love to come back again.

Room Tip: i recommend room 313, 321, 212
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank miahh221221
Reviewed 28 December 2011

We checked in and got a suite with a spa tub...it was very disappointing. Neither the spa or the bed faces the ocean view... and there was no seating in the room other than the bed. When I called the desk they told me that all of the sofas are being replaced in the hotel so that is why no sofa or chairs in the rooms. And when I realized that the internet didn't reach as far down the hall to the location of the suites, I called the young lady at the desk who suggested that I sit in the lobby with my laptop. So, lets see... $170 for a weeknight, with no internet, no seating and basically no view unless you stand at the door... I don't think so. I left the room 5 minutes after opening the door and then the young desk lady advised me of no refunds. Finally she called the manager at home and after I spoke with him (and advised him of the fact that I spent less than 5 minutes in the room) he reluctantly refunded the room.. Go look at what your paying for here BEFORE agreeing to stay.. a bit of smoke and mirrors going on! also the Bayview right in the middle of town has the same spa tub in the room for less than $100 night.

Room Tip: ask about wi-fi and ask to see the room before you pay
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank happytraveler1234_10
Reviewed 27 December 2011

What a great find! I struggled to find a reasonably priced accommodation that would be close to the ocean. Well, this hotel almost sits on the ocean. The room had an amazing view of the water and offered a great sight of the sunset. The room was clean, the pool comfortable (sure, the water could have been a bit warmer but no big deal), and the experience serene. We enjoyed the hot tub, walks along the ocean, and admired the scenery. Because we were there in Dec, the price was very reasonable and few other people came into our view. Peace and quiet - exactly what we were looking for.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 December 2011

This is another hotel from my West Coast trip of which I have mixed feelings. First of all -- the view is phenomenal! Stunning! It is right on the ocean with a dramatic view of a lighthouse on a cliff. I have never been able to afford to stay in an oceanfront room anywhere. The price was inexpensive for what they termed the best view they had -- $149. The hotel was somewhat shabby -- the pics on the website evidence the dangerous open balcony railing in you have young kids with you. The door to the balcony didn't lock and the balconies were very close together leaving me a little concerned about safety. The room was shabby as was the town overall. I was able to overlook all of these issues because the view was breaktaking. Breakfast was decent -- offering a lot of choices.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple