New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

and 1 more site!
Dragonfly Ranch - Healing Arts Center
Ranked #3 of 7 Honaunau B&B and Inns
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“A place of refuge for your own essence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

I travelled to Hawaii to swim with dolphins with two girlfriends. We wanted to tour the island and play it by hear so we had only booked 2 nights prior to arrival. Our first impression was not conclusive but as we enjoy welcoming the best in life, we kept our minds and heart opened. We we not disappointed, on the contrary, we felt blessed to have found so a wonderful home for our loving hearts. DragonFly ranch is a perfect spot to get to the bays where you can easily snorkel and swim with dolpins. We were enchanted to exchanges smiles with dolphins almost every day. Everything was so much to our liking that we decided to extend our stay for the entire week. We were thrilled that the honeymoon suite, which was ideal for us three free spirits, was available.

Barbara is most generous and welcoming; she enjoys the Ranch and sharing this lovely place with her guests. A lot of the food served at breakfast and at dinner is grown on the land; you can taste the love from the garden to the cooking. Staff was helpful and playful; we shared good times improvising music and dance one night. Laughter was included.

The room was always cleaned by the time with got back from the beach with fresh towels. The outside shower was awesome with plenty of hot water for the three of us. Although a somewhat open concept with nature, it felt very private.

DragonFly Ranch is a vibrant yet raw nest for those you like connecting with nature, with other human beings and mostly with themselves, with their true essence. If you feel drawn to this B & B and it resonates, than open yourself up to the wonderful time you'll have. It is full of love all around. Marie-Claude Montreal Canada

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Marie-Claude L
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Kincardine, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

I thought I was just getting a room but at Dragon Fly, I became part of the family. Barbara treated us like queens. The organic gourmet food is exquisite. The staff are very friendly and loving. They met all of my requests far above my expectation.
Everything about dragon fly spells OPEN, GENEROSITY and SOUL FAMILY!!!!
Colette Ryder
Kincardine Ontario Canada

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank colette r
Tampa, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

My wife and I spent the first night of our honeymoon at the Dragonfly Ranch. While staying here is not for everyone, we had a lovely time. First, the staff is so genuine, caring and generous. They truly care about their guests and do everything they can to provide warm hospitality. The views are amazing, and snorkel gear is available to take to a nearby lagoon. While the accommodations are rustic (screens instead of window panes, etc.), the rooms are set up beautifully. If you are looking for an adventure, and for an upscale camping experience in mountains of Hawaii, this is a great place.

It is important to note that this is not a traditional hotel. However, I would strongly recommend spending at least one night here to see a different side of Hawaii.

Room Tip: For someone who is on the fence about staying here, I would recommend the Lomi Lomi Suite.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

I don't want to be mean, but I felt obligated to tell of my experience so others don't get in the same unfortunate situation. I made the reservation to stay for a few days hoping for a clean, healthy, ecofriendly visit. When we got to the retreat, we noticed cats and dogs inside and out. Also the place appeared in disrepair and poor upkeep; especially the withered flowers and greenery (not at all like in the pictures). I like animals, just not in my living space, plus my sister has a cat allergy. We couldn't stay because of the cats and had a very difficult and upsetting time finding another hotel that late in the day. When I told Barbara, she got mad and said, I knew you were not right for this place. I could never reccommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank nancy m
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

After a week of corporate sterility at a well known timeshare, we came to this welcoming, friendly, a little bit earthy bed and breakfast. Here, my kids learned where their food comes from. They picked papayas, kale, beets, bananas, and even cut down some sugar cane. Then we all got to eat what they picked for dinner that night. While we were there we learned all the different ways to eat a coconut. It was a wonderful place and we felt like this was a home away from home. We would definitely return.

Room Tip: Really look at their website to see if you can be dragon flyer. The give a pretty accurate idea of...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Robin F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Honaunau
25.5 km away
15.8 km away
Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay
57.5 km away
Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii

Been to Dragonfly Ranch - Healing Arts Center? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK