“best motel exercise machine ever” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Super 8 Albuquerque East
Ranked #114 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“best motel exercise machine ever”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

I just stayed at Super 8 Motel, Albuquerque East. I have to congratulate someone for
the exercise room. I can think of a dozen lodgings which charged up to twice as much
for a room, only to have broken, unmaintained or light duty equipment soon to need
fixing. This is why I was floored to find a Super 8 to have a Precor 524 elliptical cross
tainer. This is the kind of stuff I usually find in municipal 'parks and rec' facilities. Aside from not needing to be fixed, its is a low impact way of getting that 20 minutes of elevated heart rate which keeps the cardiologist away, even while on the road.

All other aspects of my stay were in line with the great price.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Round Rock, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

I have stayed at expensive top of the line hotels and many no name or budget motels.

I picked this hotel b/c the reviews on Trip Adivisor and the low price of $40 as I just need a place to crash for a few hours on a drive.

Unforntately this was one of the worst motels I've stayed at. The rate quoted was for a smoking room and it really smelled of smoke. The list of things broken in the room was long (e.g. the closet, the toilet, the tub dripping, no stopper in the sink, missing baseboard) and the worst part is that I woke up the next morning with ants all over everything when there wasn't a reason for it.

Let's say I was happy to get up and out very early the next morning.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank brs0173
super8abqeast, General Manager at Super 8 Albuquerque East, responded to this review, 25 August 2011
We offer our sincere apologies for the problems with maintenance issues in your room. Feedback such as yours lets us know where we need to improve our service and we value it greatly. Please be assured that your issues have been addressed and that we have taken measures to avoid these problems in the future. It is important to us that you are comfortable during your stay, and that everything is in good condition. We hope you will give us another chance to be of service to you.

Travellers are raving about these Albuquerque hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2011

Let me start by saying that I have stayed a quite a few Super 8 motels and I have not had a problem. With a low price and decent reviews I thought this place would be the same as the others we have stayed in (nothing fancy, but clean). The man at the front desk was very kind and helpful, even advising us to park our car out front, where it would be in sight (I did not know this motel had break ins until I just looked at previous posts on here). The room however was a completely different story... there was visible pet hair on the floor, ants in the bed, kitty litter on the floor, and had a smell of cat urine. After noticing that the floor clearly had not been vacuumed, I pulled back the covers to see if the sheets had at least been cleaned. On the middle blanket, there was a dark red stain with dark brown flaking off of it. I was completely grossed out and placed the covers on the ground for the night. If I ever return to this area, I will NOT be staying here.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank M D
We sincerely apologize for the unsatisfactory housekeeping in your room. We value your feedback to let us know where we need to improve. Please be assured that your issue has been addressed and measures taken to avoid this kind of problem in the future. We do hope that you will give us a chance to serve you again and we look forward to your next visit.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

This hotel was what I expected, nothing fancy, price is right, easy location off the highway and accepts pets.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank SeeTheWorldin2010
Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,020 helpful votes
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2011

Nothing special but it was clean and was fine as I was waiting to fly out the next day.

I was in town after a round the country trip that began and ended at the Albuquerque airport. I just needed a place to sleep so it was fine. I would not stay again because there are too many lower-end flop hotels to sleep on your way our out of town.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo