All reviews typical courtyard adobe style bistro area journal center rio rancho full service restaurant starbucks coffee nice hotel new mexico front desk staff indoor pool the general manager night stay parking lot king bed checking in room was clean and comfortable
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Do not stay here until they finish the remodel. We were in a room that was dirty, with a worn out mattress (we rolled to the center), the carpet was torn, the AC , once they replaced the first non working unit, was noisy, not to mention the construction noise going on in the rooms above us. The towels were worn thin, the management is apologetic, but not responsive. After a four day stay and almost $700.00, they might have offered a free cup of coffee... we will stick to Hiltons from now on.

Room Tip: Get a remodeled room if you have to stay here.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank James G
GMTamiS, General Manager at Courtyard Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear James G:
I am very sorry to hear of your experience - we strive to provide clean, comfortable accommodations at a competitive price and it is disappointing to hear that we did not meet or exceed your expectations.

We truly enjoyed hosting your event for the Blue Knights and received much positive feedback from both your Chairperson and many of the attendees. While we have a very dedicated staff and programs in place to address any issues that may arise - we know, that even with our best efforts, there is a chance that we may let someone down and for this, again - we apologize.

We appreciate your group business and look forward to the Blue Knights returning to our hotel.

In Hospitality,
505-823-1919

Reviewed 15 May 2018

I made reservations for my family to stay here over the weekend when my nephew graduated from high school. We were absolutely delighted by the new look and feel of the guest rooms. My parents feel in love with the sofas. My sister raved about the bed and my brother in law said that the pillows were perfect. The room have wood floors with the signature white beds yo come to expect at a Marriott. The artwork is what I would define as contemporary New Mexico. The walls are grey tones, but the accent walls burst with colours and patterns. The bathrooms have showers with sliding glass doors The employees are very friendly. In my opinion, this is the hot new place to stay in North Albuquerque.

Room Tip: East side has mountain views.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
GMTamiS, General Manager at Courtyard Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Dear John T;
Thank you for the feedback and we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay in our new and fresh guest rooms! The addition of the comfortable furniture in the room along with the appointment of the beautiful New Mexico mural is such a compliment to the hotel and a tribute to the area.
I agree with you that this is definitely the "hot" new place to stay - so thank you!
We look forward to you and your family coming back to the Albuquerque area and thank you again for your kind words.

Courtyard Albuquerque

Reviewed 20 April 2018

I decided to give another try and see of some of the renovations and internet improvement have taken place. Nope, same old bad internet, same limited menu, bed is now lumpy, and now the a/c unit keeps me up as it's so loud. Time for me to move ny business back to the Marriott Pyramid just south. Staff are nice an friendly.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
GMTamiS, General Manager at Courtyard Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Dear Mr. RickSky88046 -
I am so sorry to hear about your experience. We did just recently increase our bandwidth from 100mbps to 200mbps; this is twice what is required by the brand. I will most definitely reach out to our provider to see if there is anything within our system that is not responding or if there are any outlying issues.
We apologize for any inconvenience and would love another opportunity to win your loyalty. If your travels bring you back to Albuquerque soon please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly and I would be happy to personally take care of your arrangements.
505-998-2161

Reviewed 15 April 2018

This hotel is in a great location just off the interstate for travelers. Food and necessity shopping is also close. The hotel has a nice ambiance, but does need updating. Everything is clean and comfortable as expected, the rooms and adjoining hallways are just dated for the price point. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful for local suggestions that are must sees. Overall a great stay.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank SLetcher
Reviewed 25 February 2018

A hotel like this makes me wonder what the quality control standards to be called a "Marriott" hotel are? Do they want their name on a place like this?

The hotel is adorable from the outside, very charming Southwestern style with luminaries lite all along the roof line at night. The check-in staff was very friendly and the lobby very cute and warm southwest feel.

The hallway carpets in bad shape. All the doors to enter the rooms as you go down the corridor are beat up with scuffs and dents and marks. You just start to think this is not looking good....

We get to our room and well Hey, at least it has a TV. The door to the bathroom has holes in and huge long gashes, so does the back of the entrance door and several of the walls. Either a rock band had trashed the room or there had been a knife fight in the room. But why in the world is the room being rented out without being repaired first? There was no bottled water in the room. No soap at the sink area, so we had to take the soap from the tub, but then there was no soap dish. No tissues were provided either. So bring your own, you are camping here.

The towels, I'm pretty sure they just picked up off the floor and hung-up again. They smelled of body odor. They are also very thin (think rough shop towel) and yellowish. If they are washed, perhaps they need to use some bleach.

Breakfast is not offered, but for Marriott status an entree and beverage are offered in The Bistro located in the lobby. At breakfast time there was only 1 employee working, so the lines were very long and the wait for food. The tables were all dirty & needed to
be cleared. Every Bistro has a similar menu- I'm not a big fan. The breakfast sandwich I ordered was served on stale bread, the bacon was chopped and the whole sandwich was not good. As others have said if you want a greasy, stale sandwich get it at gas station, don't overpay here. I ended up throwing most of it away.

The hotel is very close to the Balloon Fiesta Park, which is why we stayed here. I can say we will look for other options on our next stay, this hotel is not up to our standards.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank DisneyFan30
GMTamiS, General Manager at Courtyard Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Dear DisneyFan30:
I would like to extend to you our most sincere apologies for your recent experience. Certainly we want to provide only the cleanest accommodations for our guests matched with exemplary service. I am disappointed that we did not exceed your expectations. Our hotel is undergoing a full room renovation beginning April 1st and we expect to finish at the end of July. I would love to have you back to our hotel to experience our new fresh guest rooms.
Again, our apologies for your experience and we hope that in the future you will give us another chance to win your loyalty.
505-823-1919