“Great Value!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #73 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Great Value!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

My wife and I stumbled upon this place only because all of the other "name brand" hotels were full due to the NCAA March Madness tournament. The hotel (which is technically a motel because the room doors open to the outside) is recently remodeled and contemporary. The temperpedic bed was comfortable, the electric fireplace was a nice touch. and the room has a microwave, minifridge, direct TV, free wifi, and anything else you could possibly need.

The continental breakfast was good. Waffles, yogurt, cereal, granola, muffins, bagels, pastries, juices, milk, and the best part, Starbucks Coffee. We like this place so much that we stayed here again a week later on our way back home and would definitely stay here again. Fancy and luxurious it is not. I doubt you could find anything even remotely close to this for $70 bucks. Great Value!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Hebrew first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

I stayed at The Hotel Blue for 4 nights. At less than $80 a night, it was a great deal. The hotel shuttle picked me up at the airport, and check-in was quick. The hotel room was very nice. It was clean, with a comfortable bed, and a large TV (with HD cable package). The shuttle service was available to take me to a number of attractions, such as Old Town, the Bio Park, and the Transit Center. The hotel is located right off of Central, so it has a great location within walking distance of restaurants, Kimo Theater, and other attractions. I would love to stay there again, and definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: I was on the side overlooking the park, and didn't have any noise problems like some other revie...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank mkroggasch
SANDIA PARK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

we stayed on our anniversary because of its location an COST...for the area its the best deal. the room is a little strange...seemed mis-matched but the service, the complimentary shuttle, the great bed, and the breakfast....makes all that pale in comparison. we used the shuttle to take us to our restaurant and he was helpful and cheerful. the downtown night life was close at hand and easily within walking distance. when we checked out we were running later than check out time and the staff was friendly and allowed us time to get ready without hassle. we will be staying again on our next downtown night.

Room Tip: higher up west facing room allow you a view of the park
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank webb1704
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

I have never written a review for anything before, but the service and experience I received at the Hotel Blue prompted me to write one.

I was staying in Albuquerque for a conference at the Hyatt, and decided to stay here as it was half the price of the Hyatt -- and better amenities. The hotel is cute, with a small lounge and a couple of computers to use. The room was clean, with a large flat screen tv, a fuax fireplace for ambiance, and Tempurpedic beds. I also liked the little amenities, for example they had a toothbrush and some toothpaste in case you forgot yours, some shaving cream and a small comb.

They have FREE internet, but the only thing is that it's hard-wired so you have to connect with an ethernet cable (which they provide you with at check-in), but it's fast and reliable. The breakfast was great, they have Starbucks coffee in the morning, and all sorts of food for Breakfast.

My favorite thing was the shuttle (at no cost!) The Hyatt didn't have a shuttle, and a cab ride to the airport is at least $18. But the shuttle here takes you to the airport (and picks you up), Old Town, the Convention Center and the bus/train Depot. I asked to use the shuttle so many times, and every time I requested the shuttle they'd come down within 5 minutes. They took me to the Hyatt (which is across the way from the Convention Center) multiple times and told me to call them when I ready for pick-up. They run from 7am-10pm.

The only thing I didn't really like was the loud people that were there. One night, there was a group of people partying till about 3am and they were very loud, and drinking and I couldn't sleep. But the following nights they were gone and I was able to get some sleep. All in all it was a good experience and I'd stay there again, if you're not into all the bells & whistles of a luxurious hotel, this is a good place at a decent price with some nice add-ons.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank cquinte
Las Cruces, New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

I've stayed here many times when in Albuquerque because I like how close it is to downtown, Old-Town and the UNM area. However, my most recent stay (and that is what reviews are about in my opinion) was so noisy, rambunctious that we barely slept and probably won't be back. We were on the side nearest the Park instead of the Downtown side. I've stayed on the Park side before but never has the hotel felt like it has paper walls and no windows. The sounds of engines, cars, motorcycles and traffic in general came right through the doors and window until 3am. From 1:30-3:00am the sounds of people returning to their rooms sounded like they were in our room. The concrete floating floors of the breezeway can be felt in your rooms too. Even the lobby seemed overly noisy and the staff distracted. How to fix this? I have no idea.Comfy beds though. Tempurpedic. I only know I had to perform the next morning and was dragging. Maybe I'll stay again if I just want to have fun but if I need to rest or sleep I'll stay elsewhere. The Wireless never connected for any of us on any of our devices. Very very very poor signal. That alone is reason to stay somewhere else. If you can sleep through ANYTHING stay here. Good location. Parking is very tight but it is gated and secure which you need in downtown Albuquerque.

Room Tip: If you can get a room on the Downtown side and towards the back of the Hotel i.e. the north side. Tr...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends