Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town
Monterey Motel(Albuquerque)
Express Inn(Albuquerque)
The Hotel Blue(Albuquerque)
1,916 results
All reviewsq barcasa esenciafront desknew mexicohotel restaurantmexican foodwithin walking distancebeautiful hotelhot air balloonssandia mountainsballoon fiestaconferencebalconyqbarlobbyweddingsouthwest
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Staying at this hotel was not a good experience. The rooms are nice and clean, it is very close to Old Town, and it is a beautiful hotel. But the reservation process and customer service was awful. I got there in the morning and understandably they did not have rooms. However, they made us wait until after 6:00pm to give us a room!!! The only thing they offered was a voucher for $15.00 per person. My friend had made her reservation 5 months in advance and they lost her room! They told her they would have it for her the next day in the morning, then at lunch, then in the afternoon at which point we decided she might as well continue to crash with us because she was leaving very early in the morning. Then they overcharged my other friend for the time we stayed there. Really??? We were there for a conference. The treatment, the customer service, and keeping things in order should have been a top priority!! I don't think I'd be staying there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Shannon L, Manager at Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns with us. i apologize about the confusion you encountered and also that you had to wait for a room. We did have a huge conference as you mentioned and it took just a little longer to get all the rooms clean. No matter the situation, we should have had rooms ready for our guests. We will work with our staff to improve on this.
Customer service is a priority for us and I'm sorry that you did not have a good experience. We hope you give us another opportunity to serve you. I'm sure our staff will do all they can to make your next stay a better one.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I spent 4 nights here recently for a conference and generally enjoyed my stay. The room was large and clean, with a comfortable bed and nice towels in the bathroom. The balcony was small and didn't have any chairs on it, but was nice to have. The public areas of the hotel were very nice, with a beautiful courtyard and a nice pool area with plenty of chairs, though the pool wasn't open for the season yet. I ate in the more casual restaurant located in the hotel and found it to be reasonably priced with good food. All the staff were very friendly and accommodating.

The location of the hotel is within a 5 minute walk to Old Town, which is very nice. There isn't much else in the area. It's also a short ride to the airport.

A few negatives: there was wireless internet throughout the hotel, but it was very spotty and often slow. I had trouble using it in my room. The walls are thin and I could hear people talking next door and in the hallway.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank chestnut683
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This hotel has definitely improved since the last time I stayed--especially in the common and conference areas--but the rooms are still pretty much the same. Ours was very small (the "sitting area" consisted of one chair by a small table that wasn't usable as such because the coffee maker was on it), there was a place for a mini-fridge but no mini-fridge, and the television was a smallish old-school tube model. The bathroom was tiny (the largest surface for toiletry items was the top of the toilet) and the shower-head so caked in lime that the jets went in 15 different directions and flooded the floor of the room. There's also a very popular nightclub on the property, and when we returned home from dinner at 10:30 on Friday, there was no parking anywhere in the lot, so we had to park in an unlit dirt lot down the street.

The best thing about this hotel is the location. There are few hotels (other than old/run down motels) in Old Town in Albuquerque, and it's nice to be within walking distance of so much. But there's a fairly new Best Western almost across the street with more modern rooms.

Room Tip: The rooms on one side of the hotels have balconies and overlook Old Town. The rooms on the other side have windows that don't open and the view is of the highway and an industrial neighborhood.
Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank klh_11

Thank you for your review and recognizing the improvements that we have made. A few of our rooms vary slightly in the floor plan, so you'll find the layout a little different. Our junior suites might have been a better selection for you. I apologize that one was not offered to you. I think you would have found these rooms to be much more accommodating to your needs. I will follow up with the shower head as this is part of our preventative maintenance so it should have been operating correctly. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we will address it immediately and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Not a lot to look at from the outside, but nice lobby and friendly staff. Resturant has good food for the price, great waiters. how ever room 901 had a great veiw from the balcony, but tv's are not flat screen and using the coffee maker is quite a problem plugging in to a power strip. The beds were very uncomfortable, it was the first time in my life when I got out of bed with a sever back ache. My wife also said she did not sleep well in the other bed.

Room Tip: Check out room first and bed.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LarryBElPaso
Shannon L, Manager at Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you sharing your concerns with us and apologize for the discomfort of our beds. Our Quality Assurance Inspector will examine the situation and see what can be done so that no other guests suffer a sleepless night. I'm sorry you had to experience this. We hope this does not discourage you from coming back for another visit. Our beds are often recognized in most reviews as being very comfortable. Our staff will ensure you have a restful night on you next visit..

Reviewed 22 April 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a wedding and it was a great experience. The rooms were nice, comfortable and clean. The grounds and the common areas were excellent, great setting for a wedding and we had a great time. Old Town shopping area was within walking distance and is very nice to visit.
Overall this is a great place to stay in Albuquerque.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple