The Hotel Alburqurquerque is located very close to Old Town area which has traditional cultural, art, convention, and restaurants. There is ample parking. The lobby and restaurants are attractively decorated in SOuthwestern decor. We had breakfast in the restaurant twice and were impressed with its quality and quantity, a definite highlight. I had the homemade granola, layered with yogurt and a ton of fruit on top with strawberries, blueberries, and more. Starbucks coffee is the standard, both in the room and in the restaurant. There was a conference for Creativity this past weekend at the hotel, and it was Founder's Day in Old Town so the hotel was full. Since it wasn't the swimming season yet, the outside pool was being prepared for the coming season, but the hot tub was bubbling hot surrounded by a nice gated area as you go through the gardens, which has a nice fountain, roses, wisteria, on the covered trelllised canopy -a great location for a
party or wedding.
The front desk were accommodating, holding our luggage with security lockers and tags, giving maps, making recommendations, helping with traveling information, and making us feel very welcomed.
We had a standard room on one of the top floors which had a beautiful view of the mountains and hot air balloons hovering over the valley. Two doubles, tv with cable, nice accommodations with duvets, aveda products in the bathroom, coffee maker with Starbucks or tazo tea, wine glasses, corkscrew, and handsome southwestern decor. Mattresses could be updated to pillow tops, but that is sort of fussy on my part. Cleanliness was great.
We had the same rate as a groupon because it was a family event with at least a dozen rooms being set aside for this weekend. The price was really amazing for the quality, $109 plus taxes.
There was a groupon and livingsocial special for this hotel as well.
We have been to the Albuquerque area before several times, as well as staying in more traditional hotels in Santa Fe and Taos at different times of the year. This was one of the nicest experiences we have had in a hotel in this area. I would definitely recommend it and would come back again.
One hint, drink lots of water, bring eye drops, and be ready for possible high altitude/ high desert physical reaction. Never had this happen to us before, but felt it this time with light headedness, red eyes due to dust and wind, dry skin, and constantly thirsty. Get your water bottles, local water is chlorinated and you can taste it. However, the hotel has a small store, not operated by the them, but they charge a lot for bottled water - almost three dollars. We had empty water bottles from our goody bags that our family event had waiting for us, so sweet of them, so we went to the restaurant and they filled them with their water, didn't taste like chlorinated local, but from their purification system, for free. Also if you have breakfast in the restaurant, and get coffee which is limitless cups, they will let you take a paper cup of Starbucks Jo to go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Albuquerque offers New Mexican hospitality in with Albuquerque sophistication. Adorned with a historic touch of contemporary furnishings inside its territorial-style exterior, the hotel is a one-of-a-kind experience. Comfort is melded with New Mexican elegance in every one of the 188 guest rooms. The hotel offers restaurants, bars and social venues on the property to satisfy the hungry, the high-class, and the ultra-chic. As a landmark to the city, the hotel sits quaintly in the historic Old Town area, where guests can conveniently walk to several attractions, parks, museums, and shops. After one experience at the Hotel Albuquerque, you’ll feel like calling Albuquerque your home."Hotels supporting cultural causes." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- At Old Town Albuquerque
- At Old Town Hotel Albuquerque
- Hotel Albuquerque Old Town