“Comfort Inn? Say it ain't so!”
Review of Rodeway Inn East

Rodeway Inn East
Ranked #75 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersSilver level
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Comfort Inn? Say it ain't so!”
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We stayed here late February 2012 for one night. Positive is that it is an easy on/off of I-40. Young lady at reception desk was nice and friendly. We stopped after a long day of traveling. Usually very happy with the Comfort Inn chain. NOT this place. The outside of the hotel looked seedy even in the dark. That should have been a clue!! But no... we pressed on. Our fault. Noticed the sign that mentioned that the hotel was doing some renovations. Well, we certainly did not get a renovated room!!! We should have asked but again, our fault. Our room was on the first floor (outside entrances). As we drove to the back of the building were our room was, the parking lot was dirty. Trash blowing all over the place. This is an old and musty hotel. Whatever we paid was too much!! I couldn't believe this was a Comfort Hotel when we opened the room door. First of all, the door was hard to open... had to push it hard because the carpet was badly rippled right in front of the door. Could tell that water has seeped under the door... the carpet was really discolored at the doorway. It looked like we stepped back to the 1970's. Really dated furniture. That wouldn't be so bad, but the room was NOT CLEAN! Carpet filthy. Dried spills here and there. Bedspreads looked like they hadn't been washed in ages. Just smelled musty. Bathroom was okay. Tub faucet difficult to turn on. We had to work on faucet to get it to turn on. Lots of lime build-up. Some mold on the caulking around the tub. Just in some areas, but those areas were black. Sink area was okay, but lighting over sink was inadequate. Typical of old hotel rooms. Mattress looked like something from the 70's for sure. Very low to the floor. Remote didn't work. TV was ancient. Cable only worked if we shook the cable line every once in awhile when it would go out. Internet didn't work. Called the front office. The clerk that checked us in said they'd been "having trouble" with the cable/internet but did explain how we might get the remote to start working. Altho we never used the phone in the room, I was astonished at how dirty it was. My husband took it off the night stand and put it on the extra bed. He's pretty tolerant and not fussy, but even he was disgusted by this place. Curtains in room didn't cover widow completely. We had to put a chair up against the curtain at the window/ door area to keep it in place. Cars are parked right close to the doors so it was ridiculous not to be able to cover the entire window. We left early the next morning. Left before breakfast was served. Just wanted to get out of there ASAP. I can't believe Comfort Inn would be associated with this place. Not what we've typically found with Comfort Inns. Disappointing.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ontheroad0809
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Ganado, Arizona
Reviewed 10 March 2012

First the good - the staff was very friendly and helpful. Could not have asked for more accommodating folks.

The not so good - The room was a bit smallish. The beds were very comfy, which wsa a plus. The shower was a big negative. It was not easy to operate and was difficult with regards to regulating the water temperature. The shower head was pretty weak.

We stayed in an Econolodge in Arlington, Texas, that offered a suite with a full kitchen for about 25% less than the room we got here. It was not awful, just not what I have come to expect from Comfort inns. We probably will look elsewhere next time we are in Albuquerque. You can do better than this in Albuquerque.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank haynes9
Santa Cruz, California, United States
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I have stayed at this property a few times since my last review. I still maintain the same feeling I had before.

A great value, and good night sleep. The hotel is undergoing some remodeling, so some of the rooms haven't been updated, but still have a high quality. It's always clean, and the employees are really nice.

Really convenient location. Easy on and off I-40. Two cheap gas stations, grocery store, fast food, restaurants, movie theatre all within 1/4 mile walk. Plenty of parking. Quiet.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Julie U
Hot Springs
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Nothing spectacular here, just nice clean room with good beds. and WiFi I stop here every trip between California and Arkansas. Very good hot breakfast with waffles, eggs, sausage etc. Low price makes it a very good option.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Springfield, MO
Reviewed 19 January 2012

The clerk was polite. The remote did not work and I was told by the clerk that the manager wasn't on duty and she had tried to call him, but couldn't get in touch with him. She tried to reset the code for the remote, but it failed. After I came back to the office, she did give me a paper with instructions on how to reset it again...I didn't have time to do that (my family was watching a ballgame in the room), because I had to go the lobby desk to use the internet.
The hotel offers free wifi in the room, but I was told it wasn't working because of some type of connections switch that needed to be reset and the manager wouldn't return the clerks calls, so the wifi in our rooms wouldn't be available. So...while I was on the computer in the lobby I asked for the password and was told there wasn't one..but the computer kept asking for one.
She did help me to get online fairly quickly, but right after she helped me, she went over to the breakfast area to get her personal cell phone which she had laid down on a table and it was gone. Long story short...a man in the lobby grabbed it and ran down the street. Police did come and take a report. I didn't really felt safe at the location after that. The parking lot was very dirty and the room was sufficient but not spotless. I used wet wipes to clean off the handset of the phone so I could call for carry out. We paid $55 for the room plus taxes, but
I still think things could have been much better than they were. Comfort Inn should rethink
having their name on this hotel. I would not return here. We left before breakfast was available.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family