“Better than I thought” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
kansas
“Better than I thought”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

First, I was a little afraid of the area, not a problem! The place was clean, rooms were clean, never a problem. Stayed 4 nights and would again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
new mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

We have stayed there a couple of times. Everytime the staff have been very friendly and helpful. I had a problem with my laptop. One of the staff made time to come and help me get it going, he did not have to do that, but he did. The rooms are very clean. Continental breakfast is very good. Alot to pick from. Out door swimming pool and jacuzzi.

Room Tip: Not as expensive as other hotels, very clean. Also alot of different resturants and fast food eating...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Santa Cruz, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

When it comes to hotels, I find that there are only two kinds; the nice hotels and the cheap ones. Now I say this because I’ve spanned the USA and hit a few spots outside of it as well. I’ve also been on the cleaning crew, and front desk staff as well. Having been on both sides of the counter, I feel I have acquired a critical eye.

A recent move took me across the US, daily trying to find an inexpensive yet comfortable hotel. Coming into Albuquerque, NM, my Iphone app pointed me in the direction of Comfort Inn East. I chose to directly call the hotel and book a room to avoid not getting a room so late at night. I was quoted a double occupancy AAA rate room for under $65 including tax!!! Upon pulling up, I didn’t know which way this one was going. By the time I left in the morning, I knew I had found a RARE GEM.

There is more than enough parking for the whole place. We were pulling a large trailer and had no problem with space despite arriving at 11:30pm. As we stepped into our two-queen room, I was delightfully surprised to not find the standard “cheap” decor. The wall behind the beds had been painted a warm crimson to accent the room. The lamps had been stylishly selected, and the bedspreads were the perfect way to wrap together the “south-west” motif.

The air/heating unit was new, clean, and ran quietly. Not only were the mattresses extremely comfortable, but there were double the amount of equally cozy pillows. The entire place was pristine and well kept. The room was outfitted with a microwave, fridge, coffee maker, hair dryer, and sizable shower. My walk to the complimentary full breakfast revealed a lush garden landscape around the pool and hot tub.

Upon entering the front lobby for breakfast I was astounded at the complimentary spread. I usually end up with concentrated OJ out of a dispenser, and a choice of Corn Flakes or Fruit Loops. Not here. There was a vast selection of breads to toast, and fresh danishes. (Not pre-packaged) An equally large selection of boxed cereals to appeal to not only kids but adults as well. Various yogurts and perfectly ripe fruit were also in attendance. What I found the most unique was fresh made waffles (choice of regular or blueberry.) The batter and the waffle iron are right on the counter tempting everyone that walks by. As I sat enjoying my crispy golden blueberry waffle, I noticed the breakfast attendant refilling the OJ jug with Odwalla OJ. A definite win in my book. He was also more than happy to help anyone with anything they needed. I was very pleased to see the milks and dairy products were sitting in a glass front fridge. It gave me the peace of mind knowing they weren’t on and off of ice every day. You never know about those kinds of things on the road!

The front desk staff was warm and welcoming, and went out of their way to make sure I was happy. The complimentary wifi was speedy and easy to hook up to. This place is very easily accessible from Highway 40. There are two grocery stores just across the street, which I find incredibly convenient when traveling on the road. And for those who what something quick and cheap, there are many fast food places within a 1/2 mile on the same road.

If I had my way, I would duplicate Comfort Inn East and put it EVERYWHERE!!! I have since traveled through Albuquerque and made it a point to drive an extra two hours to stay here. This hotel is a rare gem, and if you happen to be passing through Albuquerque and need a place to stay, Do yourself a favor and stay here. Not only for the amazing amenities, but that you get them for an amazing rate!!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Julie U
Nashville, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2011

I don't know when some of the negative reviews were made, but by the end of July when we stayed here, this place was great! The staff was super friendly and helpful. The rooms were nice. The breakfast area was CLEAN, and the food, fresh and great! Again the staff bent over backwards to make us feel welcome and comfortable. We went on a 3 week trip, the first week being business, and stayed literally in every state in the west except three (Utah, Nevada, and Colorado). This was the nicest place we stayed on the trip. Thank you to the staff. Stay friendly! Keep it up!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Las Cruces
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

The hotel was a bit run down. The balconies and exterior in general need work.

The jacuzzi wasn't working, though it did have a nice outdoor pool.

The food selection for breakfast wasn't very good even for a Continental Breakfast. We ended up going to the nearby Waffle House.

The price was reasonable, but you can find a number of better options in Albuquerque for the price I'm sure.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple