“Pet Friendly and Perfect” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Midtown

La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Midtown
Ranked #21 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Fort Worth, Texas
“Pet Friendly and Perfect”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2006

My husband and I stayed at the LQ Midtown for three nights in mid-October. We were looking for a pet-friendly hotel as we were travelling with our labrador retriever. After reading the reviews here on Trip Advisor, we chose this hotel.

Hotel is located near the intersection of I-25 and I-40 at the heart of Albuquerque. The area was nothing to look at with no view to speak of, but it was quiet. Check in was quick and friendly. The woman at the desk was great in allowing us to request a room on an upper floor (they have 3) at the end of the hall so that the dog would not disturb anyone if she barked. We were put at the end of a hall on the second floor, above an employee only area and no one was next door.

The rooms are all suites at this LQ - a nice large desk and office chair were provided, as well as side tables, a coffee table and a small convertible couch. The bathroom was sufficient size. Overall, the room was quite clean. I am an admitted germ-freak when it comes to staying in hotels, but I felt very comfortable here. The bed was also comfortable with clean sheets and pillows.

Complimentary breakfast was available each morning and included cereal, bagels, toast, fresh fruit (apples, grapes, oranges), fruit salad (canned variety), pastries, cinnamon rolls, do-it-yourself waffles, yogurt, biscuits, sausage, gravy, and sausage/pancakes on a stick, as well as coffee and juices. More than adequate for a quick bite each morning we were there. The breakfast area had nice tables and a television.

For those travelling with pets, they have a large gravel area to the side of the hotel that wraps around back for walking pets. Waste pick-up bags are provided. They also have a courtyard just off the lobby that is completely enclosed and has a grassy area and tables/chairs. The front desk staff encouraged us to take the dog to the courtyard where she could be off-leash, as long as we supervised and there were no other guests who would be bothered. Waste pick-up bags were also provided in this area. The desk staff asked for a cell phone number so they could reach us if there was a problem while we were out without the dog. They also offered to bring her down to stay with them behind the desk for the day (we politely declined).

Overall, we had a very pleasant and quiet stay. We will use them again!

• Liked — Pet friendly and clean.
  • Disliked — Visually unappealing location.
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
9 Thank TXGirl2001
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Lake Elsinore, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2006

I had a little difficulty finding this hotel and it's not located in the nicest area of town, but after spending two nights I found myself not wanting to leave so soon. My room was very large and included a large television, microwave, refrigerator, couch, easy chairs, more than sufficient drawer space, and a large bathroom with a whirpool tub. The work desk easily accommodated my laptop and paperwork, and the work chair was more comfortable than the one I have at home. The room was nicely decorated and very clean, and the whirlpool tub worked like a charm to ease the aches after a long drive. Pepe, my German Shepherd, loved the place, too, especially the treats he was fed by the staff who was was extremely friendly and helpful. They even advised me on the area's off-leash dog parks and other local attractions, and provided me with maps of the area. There is also a nicely-equipped exercise room and an indoor pool and hot tub which I took advantage of. I will definitely return to this hotel!

• Liked — Friendliness of staff, large room w/whirlpool tub and indoor pool/hot tub
  • Disliked — Location and view from the room
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't take your dog to the pool area, but certain staff members might be willing to dog sit while you enjoy a swim!
  • Stayed November 2005, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank PepeNKim
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2006

I loved this hotel! I was very impressed by the room. It was HUGE, very clean, and beautifully decorated. The staff was friendly and helpful. Extremely clean hotel inside and out. Very well-lit room with a huge desk. I stayed with my large dog (lab) and had no problems and no fees. I would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed May 2006