New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

KO Palace Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #925 of 1,749 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Great food and very friendly people!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012 via mobile

You get tons of food for what you pay AND it is amazing! The best egg drop soup I have ever had! Ive been multiple times and everything I've ordered has been great! I have to thank my friend John for taking me there firths first time after our work out at the gym across the street.

5 Thank Sstlouis1986
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

“Very disappointed after all the great reviews!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012 via mobile

Food did not taste fresh and none of the 4 dishes we ordered were hot. My sons soda had 0 carbonation, crab rangoons appeared to be deep fried hours earlier, same thing with my walnut shrimp. The service was great minus the server who you couldn't understand and he couldn't understand you. The restaurant was very quiet. We were the only ones there at 5:30pm on a Tuesday - I thought it would be much busier after all the reviews. I needed to ask when our food was made after my concern of it being a health hazard to my 2 young children. In return I get a very irate, hostile owner defending his food and his restaurant. I was not attacking him or being rude in the least bit but he was clearly offended. I said the food tastes great but I'm concerned about the temperature and it's freshness and he responds with "you just don't want to pay". No, I don't have a problem paying. Well really I did, considering we didn't eat much of our food and it was $46.00! But that's beside the point. A respectful restaurant would have appreciated my comment and would have at least taken off the uncarbonated soda. The owner comes back to apologize but then in his apology he says he doesn't know what's wrong with my taste because many people like his food but he hopes we give his restaurant a 2nd chance. I reiterated that the food tastes great, it's the temperature and freshness I'm concerned about. Anyway, we won't be back. This restaurant was empty for a reason and I'm wondering if the owner comes home nightly to write a new review for his restaurant. Budai Chinese will remain our favorite in abq.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Kellystjohn
Albuquerque
“Great Chinese Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

I have been a satisfied patron of Ko Palace for many years and would highly recommend them for some of the best Chinese food in town. Raymond and his family do a great job and the food has always been well prepared and consistent in its quality. Good food, good people. Don't miss Ko Palace.

• Visited May 2012
4 Thank Jay R
Santa Fe
“Mother's 85th Birthday Gathering”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

We just recently celebrated our mother‘s 85th birthday! We planned her birthday to take place at Ko Palace because the only other time she had been there, our mother was so impressed. She had fallen in love with the ambiance, the great food and wonderful service. So, after an evening of lots of fun & laughter & just celebrating the moment, it was clear everyone was just as impressed. Mother was just so happy for all the attention she received but mostly because it came from the wonderful staff, who made her feel extra special, especially Mr. Ko, the owner. He is the one who put the icing on the cake! Thank you! Lena & Marlene

• Visited April 2012
4 Thank Lena H
Abq
“Ko Palace understated, but best Chinese food in town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

Have enjoyed Ko Palace and its owner for years. It has the best Chinese food in town, in my humble but well-traveled opinion. Great fro take-outs, too.

• Visited April 2012