“Great for catching up with friends”
Review of El Pinto

Get food delivered
Ranked #50 of 1,838 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Price range: US$ 25 - US$ 35
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Alameda Blvd NW
Description: Nestled in the cottonwoods, El Pinto was founded with eight tables in 1962. Twin brothers John and Jim Thomas, known as the Salsa Twins, carry on the family tradition and have expanded El Pinto into the quintessential "Spot" for healthy and fresh New Mexican cuisine. Experience an authentic Taste of New Mexico. Reservations are recommended. The Salsa Twins are pairing tradition with innovative healthy nutrition at El Pinto. El Pinto is proud to have the first and only Animal Welfare Approved laying hen program on property. 200 hens lay pasture raised eggs for daily use. An onsite green house produces over 5,000 lbs of organically grown greens. Freshness is throughout El Pinto. El Pinto uses chile from Hatch, NM, dryland beans from CO, healthy sunflower oil for frying, Celtic sea salt for seasoning, and local ingredients when in season. It has been featured on Food Network, Travel Channel and the BBC among other places. Dog friendly. Ask for the "Puppy Patio."
Reviewed 11 November 2020 via mobile

Usually when I travel to Albuquerque I meet a friend at El Pinto for brunch or dinner. The food is consistently good and the service is very good as well. It keeps me coming back for more.

Date of visit: September 2020
Write a reviewReviews (2,474)

Reviewed 2 November 2020

This is definitely a place you have to try when staying in Albuquerque! Not only was the food and drinks amazing, but so was the service! Our waitress was so sweet and did everything she could to take care of us. Their Grass Fed Queso Burger was probably one of the best burgers I've ever eaten in my life and pairing it with their sweet potato fries made it even better! Their margaritas are delicious as well if you're in the mood for some. There is bottomless chips and salsa and sopapilla for you to enjoy as you wait for your food and if you're in the mood for some dessert I suggest trying their Flan! Definitely plan on going back next time we're in ABQ!

Reviewed 19 October 2020 via mobile

We couldn't pass up the opportunity to eat here after hearing about it from so many local folks. We dined on one of their five (I believe) patios surrounded by beautiful plants and flowers. The menu had so many varieties of Mexican-inspired dishes. The margaritas were by far the best we had on our entire trip. I loved the Sandia, which is watermelon based. We had a newby server, which showed in the end after our drinks and water glasses were dry mid-meal and never refilled. But all and all it was a fabulous dinner and I am still mad I forgot my leftovers on the table. Hope to go back when we're in town some day.

Reviewed 13 October 2020

met some in town friends here who recommended this place. Lots of outdoor seating. Red Chili Ribs were great. Good drinks. Attentive service

Reviewed 6 October 2020 via mobile

A must visit for dinner when in Albuquerque. Huge seating capacity of several 100 both inside and outside. The large patio areas are beautiful at night especially. Good food, good service. Most menu items starting around $20. Just a must go to in Albuquerque. October dining at 7 PM was chilly as the evening went on. Keep this in mind if on patio area outside. Overhead heaters are for colder weather in winter.

Date of visit: October 2020

Been to El Pinto? Share your experiences!