“Mrs”

University Village Hotel
University Village Hotel
Ranked #116 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 16 November 2014 via mobile

We stayed there for a month with a production company and we can not express how much we loved one particular staff member Haley. She always went out of her way to help us with anything and was great for questions and concerns we had!! Even when there was a problem, she made sure do do everything she could to make our stay better! (And always went out of her way!). Our son loved her and she always was super friendly to him also!! Because of her, we recommend people to your hotel all the time!! Haley is the best!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MaryAnneH3

Reviewed 15 November 2014

This may be the most wonderful and aggravating hotel I have ever been to. I'll begin with the bad. My wife and I arrived in Albuquerque for Balloon Fiesta right before it began. We were picked up via hotel shuttle (good) and checked in promptly. Our room was interestingly decorated... It was as though retro green was a good thing again. However the room was clean (good). We woke up early around four am the next morning and was taken to a park and ride by the same girl whom had picked us up the night prior... Our issues became more prominent when we returned.

We were picked up from the park and ride by a young man named Daniel or "Dan". He seemed absolutely delightful and my wife took a liking to him. However, when we returned to the hotel I noticed how he seemed to be expected to be tipped... Like a cabby. I felt this highly inappropriate as did my wife. (bad)

We went to our room to nap and later came down to see the same girl who had been there early in the morning and the night prior. My wife asked for a recommendation for food as we were a bit peckish. The girl later identified as Hailee gave us many dining options. We asked if the shuttle was available and after calling the driver several times but receiving his answering machine she offered to call us a cab. She profusely apologised for the inconvenience and asked what she would do to make our trip more pleasant.

The next day we shuffled down to have breakfast (bad), which consisted of cold and microwavable foods and a lone waffle maker. The entire breakfast room was a mess and completely unsanitary. We met with Hailee again who shuttled us to the park and ride again for balloon fiesta. She had printed off some "fun facts" about Albuquerque and balloon fiesta (good).

We checked out later that day to return home. A couple days later there was confusion about the charges on the card so my wife called in to inquire. Dan had answered and was utterly unhelpful, he even hung up on my wife... TWICE! Irritated my wife and I took a break from calling.

We called back a couple hours later and found ourselves speaking to Hailee. She apologised for the inconvenience yet again and quickly answered our questions.

If we ever decide to revisit University Village it will be because of the kindness we received with the staff. All were kind and very good about meeting our needs. The service received from Hailee was bar none above and beyond. My wife and I are hopeful to return, as long as we don't get hung up on trying to make a reservation.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Grant A
Reviewed 17 October 2014

When we planned our wedding at Casa Rondena Winery in Albuquerque, we NEVER gave a thought about Balloon Fiesta. What a nightmare it was booking rooms for guest flying and driving n from all across the United States and Canada. I finally resorted to working with Expedia who put me in contact with the manager of University Village Hotel in Albuquerque. The manager was wonderful. She was able to book me a block of 10 rooms for Friday and Saturday night and a suite for me and my husband for Thursday, Friday and Saturday. The desk clerk Haley, was amazing. What a super sweet and intelligent young lady. Upon check in, she told me that she had printed directions to the winery and all of my guest would receive one upon check-in. That was the least of her talents....she remembered EVERYONES name and always addressed them by name when they came through the lobby or came to the desk. The hotel has been remodeled and was very clean and easy to navigate. There was an exercise room, pool, large room to get coffee, other drinks and a large assortment of couches and tables for us to hang out in. there was a pool table, air hockey, and ping pong as well as a movie theater where they served popcorn. The eve of my wedding, I asked Haley if she or any of her friends knew how to put eyelashes on....I wanted to wear them for my wedding. She flashed me that beautiful smile and said give me a few minutes. By the time I got back to my room, she was on the phone. She had a friend that came to my suite the next morning and very professionally applied the eyelashes and added a little drama to my make-up. When I opened the door to my room that morning, there was the sweetest hand drawn bride and a letter from all of the staff wishing us a happy wedding day. Later that night....much later, we arrived back at the hotel along with many of our guest. We went to the large room with the couches and was able to mix a few cocktails, order pizzas for delivery and just relive the amazing day. When my husband and I were finally able to retire to our room, awaiting us was a large container of ice with chilled Champagne, Strawberries and rose petals scattered everywhere. What a wonderful surprise. All of our guest were happy there, and we had State Rep, Senators, Congressman, and Judges. Everyone enjoyed their stay. 2 days later when we had to drive guest to Albuquerque to catch early morning flights, we booked rooms there again. We will always consider University Village Hotel any time we are staying over in Albuquerque, and you should too.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Carrie K
Reviewed 9 September 2014

We were able to host a church convention in July of 2014 and could not have been happier with the experience. The staff was exceptionally friendly - I can't say enough about the attention they showed to our people and especially the kids. Our folks have a LOT of kids. And working with the manager in setting up and organizing the event was really refreshing after spending 2 months trying to get another hotel to work with us to no avail. The rooms were very clean and they all come with mid-sized refrigerators. There are several comfortable sitting areas where we could relax. We're already in the process of scheduling next year's event!

Room Tip: The rooms all have the same amenities, but some have a little more room. It's worth it to find t...