“A Good place to eat!”

Fareast Fuzion
Ranked #605 of 1,921 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 29 April 2013

On a Sunday when many Asian restaurants were closed Fareast Fuzion Sushi bar & Lounge was open for lunch even as late as 2.30 p.m. The place was rather empty at that time.
The menu has appetizers, soups, salads, Thai dishes, Japanese dishes and regular Chinese-type stir-fried dishes. There is also a kid’s menu. A complete different sushi menu is also available and you can see the guy making sushi behind the well-lit bar with fishes swimming around in the tank behind him.
There is also a good drinks menu: Sake (hot & cold), flavored sake, imported and domestic beer, white & red wine (by the glass & bottle), and plum wine. Wine by the glass goes from $6.00-7.50 and bottle $22-24. Since I had no wine for lunch I do not know the quality, but there are good brand names. Beer is also not expensive; goes from $3.50-4.25 or so.
We had a Sushi-combo plate for $14.50 and chicken teriyaki bowl ($6.95). Most dishes come with a soup and dessert (sweetened pieces of orange and also fortune cookies). Everything tasted fine. Prices seem very fair and they seem to go up if you add sushi & shrimp. But, you are sure to find something at a reasonable price.
I would recommend the place to anyone who wants to have a decent meal at an affordable price.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

We have eaten at Fareast Fuzion in ABQ several times and never been disappointed. The sushi is always fresh and beautifully cut. The curry dishes are very well made and can be as mild or spicy as you want. They do a great job at adjusting them as you ask.

The service is always fast, polite and efficient. Fareast Fuzion has become our go-to restaurant each time we visit ABQ. The take out sushi plate was just as good as the inhouse version.

Nice atmosphere and friendly staff. Try this place!

Reviewed 13 January 2013

I agree with the previous reviewer about the decor, it's really pretty inside, I loved the fish tank, and appreciated the fact that the football game was on mute. We had some vegetarian tempura rolls, which were perfectly done. The pad thai wasn't the best I've ever had, but it had good flavor and the tofu pieces were done just right.

1  Thank filmaker111
Reviewed 4 November 2012 via mobile

We went prior to dinner hour and were pretty much told we had to order food, we couldn't just have drinks. That was irritating, but the food and drink made up for it. Their sushi was awesome. Perhaps a better experience next time.

1  Thank dtomar
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Fareast Fuzion has become my favorite Asian restaurants in Albuquerque. The menu is a mixture of Thai, Japanese including Sushi and Chinese all of which are well done. Often my son and I split a small Sushi boat while the spouse goes for a Thai curry. Once we had the Ice Cream tempura dessert, and it was excellent. But I'm usually too full to go that far. They have a interesting selection of Saki, and have brought in some Japanese microbrewery beers. Unlike most Asian restaurants in the International District where the interior is slightly above a card table and bare walls, Fuzion is very attractive inside done in red ochre and black. You can tell that the owners are trying to make this a dining experience.
Compared to asian themed Central Ave restaurants, Fuzion slams those to the west in Nob Hill. The Sushi equal (possibly better) than Shogun; I think its cheaper too. And the Sushi is substantially superior to the Korean BBQ. In Sept '12 I was in Boston trying a supposedly excellent Malaysian restaurant. Fuzion slams it too.
I know this review sounds gushing, but it is quite good.

1  Thank nmrunner