“Great Tequila and Bourbon selection!”

Zacatecas Tacos + Tequila
Reserve with OpenTable
Zacatecas Tacos + Tequila is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 1,868 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Zacatecas is an authentic Mexican taqueria and tequila bar located in Nob Hill, Albuquerque created by Chef Mark Kiffin. Named for a region in central Mexico known for its classic, cross cultural blend of foods and recipes, Zacatecas offers a variety of soft tacos with fresh, organic ingredients and a Margarita bar featuring tequilas and beer exclusively from Mexico. Lunch and dinner menus include gourmet Mexican tacos (our shrimp tacos were featured on NM Style) served on warm Corn Tortillas, Tortas, Antojitos (appetizers), Postres (desserts), and classic Mexican specialties. Zacatecas also offers a bar menu featuring Signature Cocktails, South of the Border Specialties, Build-Your-Own Margaritas, Delicious Infusions, and an extensive selection of Tequila and Mezcal to compliment your dining experience. In addition to the food, part of the excitment at Zacatecas is the wide variety of events such as Dia de los Muertos Sugar Skull decorating, and Tequila Dinners!
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

Surprisingly great drink selection and craft cocktails! The chips are delicious as are the carne asada tacos. Somewhat limited menu but everyone at our table enjoyed their meal!

Reviewed 4 November 2017

2nd time here, we decided to try differing items off just the appetizer list and we were blown away. First, the chips and salsa are excellent. Especially the clearly homemade corn chips. Both salsa's were very good, the 'red' hotter (maybe 10% too hot?). Great flavor but somewhat too hot but not brutal. Tried the Short Rib Flautas; every good. Three very large and very crispy flautas. These guys know how to fry tortillas! The short rib stuffing was quite nice. Next we tried the Duck Relleno and this is over the top! It's huge. It's got an amazing sauce that's a tad sweat, a tad hot and totally delicious. The relleno was super crisp, the pepper perfectly cooked and the rest to die for. This may end up being the one item I'll have to always order. Just wonderful. We then tried the Mussels Pasilla. The mussels themselves were tender and of very high quality. The sauce was very good, almost like a Cioppino but with heat (again, maybe a tiny bit too much). If you love mussels, give this version a try. We had a side of Calabacitas which were also excellent and unusual in terms of the spices, but it worked really well. With a hot mouth, I had to finish with some Flan and the version here is outstanding! Save room, it's a real winner. Service was excellent, our server Brianna was a delight! We plan to return, great restaurant!

Reviewed 26 October 2017

My husband and I enjoyed a great dinner here. First of all let me say the house margaritas are delicious! We shared two dishes — the duck relleno and an order of shrimp tacos. Since they give complimentary chips when you arrive, that was plenty for us. The duck was wonderful and the tacos too. The tortillas on the tacos were so fresh. Great atmosphere, food, service and value!

Reviewed 6 October 2017

It's quite possible this was an "off night", but I ordered a tray of 4 "Al Pastor Tacos" and they were chewy and not particularly enticing. They were highly recommended, good ratings on T/A, but I, personally, would not waste my time going back...

Reviewed 1 October 2017

My wife and I often eat here when visiting our son at UNM, and yesterday's visit for brunch was so much fun that I felt I had to write this review.

Our server was pleasant and professional - just about the best I have ever experienced. Her name is Grace, and she was dedicated to making our meal as enjoyable and entertaining as possible. You'll see what I mean if you happen to be in her section!

We find the food at Zacateca's to be on a par with what we enjoy in Santa Fe, and that's a real recommendation. Yesterday, I had the breakfast torta with chorizo, and the hint of an unusual spice in the sausage (nutmeg?) really made it different and enjoyable.

Grace mercilessly told us about the homemade desserts, and I had the key lime pie, again, spectacular - not too sweet, bursting with lime flavor. I've attached a photo of it.
With the fresh coffee she brewed for us, a great ending to our meal. Highly recommended.