“Great food, drinks and service”

Zacatecas Tacos + Tequila
Ranked #54 of 1,884 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Zacatecas is an authentic Mexican taqueria and tequila bar located in Nob Hill, Albuquerque created by Chef Mark Kiffin. Named for a region in central Mexico known for its classic, cross cultural blend of foods and recipes, Zacatecas offers a variety of soft tacos with fresh, organic ingredients and a Margarita bar featuring tequilas and beer exclusively from Mexico. Lunch and dinner menus include gourmet Mexican tacos (our shrimp tacos were featured on NM Style) served on warm Corn Tortillas, Tortas, Antojitos (appetizers), Postres (desserts), and classic Mexican specialties. Zacatecas also offers a bar menu featuring Signature Cocktails, South of the Border Specialties, Build-Your-Own Margaritas, Delicious Infusions, and an extensive selection of Tequila and Mezcal to compliment your dining experience. In addition to the food, part of the excitment at Zacatecas is the wide variety of events such as Dia de los Muertos Sugar Skull decorating, and Tequila Dinners!
Reviewed 26 October 2017

My husband and I enjoyed a great dinner here. First of all let me say the house margaritas are delicious! We shared two dishes — the duck relleno and an order of shrimp tacos. Since they give complimentary chips when you arrive, that was plenty for us. The duck was wonderful and the tacos too. The tortillas on the tacos were so fresh. Great atmosphere, food, service and value!

Reviewed 6 October 2017

It's quite possible this was an "off night", but I ordered a tray of 4 "Al Pastor Tacos" and they were chewy and not particularly enticing. They were highly recommended, good ratings on T/A, but I, personally, would not waste my time going back...

Reviewed 1 October 2017

My wife and I often eat here when visiting our son at UNM, and yesterday's visit for brunch was so much fun that I felt I had to write this review.

Our server was pleasant and professional - just about the best I have ever experienced. Her name is Grace, and she was dedicated to making our meal as enjoyable and entertaining as possible. You'll see what I mean if you happen to be in her section!

We find the food at Zacateca's to be on a par with what we enjoy in Santa Fe, and that's a real recommendation. Yesterday, I had the breakfast torta with chorizo, and the hint of an unusual spice in the sausage (nutmeg?) really made it different and enjoyable.

Grace mercilessly told us about the homemade desserts, and I had the key lime pie, again, spectacular - not too sweet, bursting with lime flavor. I've attached a photo of it.
With the fresh coffee she brewed for us, a great ending to our meal. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

I went here while exploring ABQ and they are by far the best tacos. Each taco was paired with flavors that were remarkable. I recommend this to anyone who loves tacos or wants a bite to eat in the ABQ area.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

The reason we went here was our daughter works at a place like this and we wanted to see what it was like. (Where she works is in a different state) It was very airy and open as the walls were giant sliding doors that they open so it's kind of a market feeling. There are a lot of tequilas on the menu and if they don't have it you probably don't need it. We tried the creamy chicken tacos; not so much creamy and not much flavor. The carne asada tacos with grilled ribeye which were overcooked. The poblano chili stuffed with squash, corn and peppers. was very tasty as was the duck rellano which was an appetizer but was large enough for a meal. It was an anaheim chili stuffed with a duck conft. Probably the best thing we tried. So this was a been there done that kind of place. (Christa)