All reviews room was clean kitchenette stove channels closet desk rates
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

My brother choose this motel as our place to spend four nights during the balloon fiesta. His choice was guided by availability and rate, just under $80 per night, collected in full at time of check-in. I understand the rate was raised @$20 for the fiesta but cannot personally confirm that. No breakfast provided.

The Good- The property appears to have been recently updated and is in good condition, aside from small maintenance issues like floppy faucets. The room includes a small kitchenette with an electric two burner stovetop, , sink and fridge. The location of the property is good for accessing the fiesta, and the rooms were clean on our arrival.

The Cheap- the first chuckle was no hangers in the closet, no spare pillows (2 to a bed) and no spare blankets. No shampoo in the bath and a low-flow shower head that will certainly thrill any eco-minded traveler. The kitchenette is barely furnished, with only a few dish rags supplied, no sponge, no dish soap, no salt/pepper or other seasonings, one night’s supply of a motel coffee pack (more available for purchase), no frying pan, etc., so be prepared to go shopping to outfit a kitchen if you want to take advantage of the kitchenette during your stay. WIFI available for $3+ per night per device. Management only has cleaning staff for rooms that turn over following a departure, and despite a promise that our room would be added to the rooms-to-be-cleaned list after missing a day, that never occurred.

The Bad- One can write off some of the above to the “value” of the rate although “too cheap” better describes the memory of our stay, perhaps the chinsiest property experienced. As to management, kudos for bringing hangers to my brothers room (suggestion- put them in all the rooms). Thumbs down for the multiple trips to the front desk for some basics like an extra pillow, clean towels and even toilet paper (remember- no room service). An unresponsive front desk to patrons asking for the basics will drive off return business. It certainly will in our case.

Oh, and to the guy calling every room after 11 pm looking for “Linda”, get her number next time.

If you can overlook the above for the low rate then I recommend the property.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Studio 6 Albuquerque North, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Alan, Thank you for sharing your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in following through on that commitment during your recent stay. The customer service issues you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality, and we are sorry you experienced less than satisfying service during your visit. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

I feel for the staff, who tried really hard. According to the brochure in the room, it was supposed to be stocked with plates, flatware and more. None of that exists. No hairdryer in room. When I asked at the desk, they said they have ONE for all rooms and loan it out. Of course, it hadn’t been returned. They had to scramble to find us 2 hangars. We had NONE. The management company should invest some money to properly stock the rooms. And take the embarrassment away from the staff.

I’ll avoid this hotel in the future.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, We appreciate you recognizing our excellent service, though it sounds like your stay might not have been as comfortable as you anticipated. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience

Reviewed 7 October 2018

First of all, kudos to staff for excellent customer service. Just passing through for work, not realizing it was balloon season, I was grateful to find someplace halfway decent & safe for under $100. Nichole was super helpful as she took my reservation over the phone and Maria at the front desk was just as sweet. Room was single w/kitchenette and at first glance, seemed ok but the TV didn't work (no signal) and the bathroom sink didn't drain very well (so I brushed my teeth at the little kitchen sink.) Typical Motel6 linens (a little thin & scratchy but they were clean.) Room needed a deep cleaning (it wouldn't pass the white socks test and there were dead bugs between the fridge & sink) but definitely OK for a quick overnight. Under the circumstances, it was entirely adequate.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Great place especially for the rates. Room was clean, staff was very friendly and the manager actually checked rooms before guests checked in. She was very helpful. Will definitely stay again in the future

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 August 2018

Great i mean great place to stay. I definitely RECOMMEND this extended stay to anyone ive been traveling for years for work. I appreciate how friendly everyone that works here is also how helpful they all are. Since ive been staying here ive notice they have new management hazel is her name you are doing a great job very helpful cares about her guest. ladys that do housekeeper all of them do so great my rooms are always clean every time i stay here. ladys that work front desk are so sweet extremely well presented goes out of there way to get you anything you need or want one was michelle and maria... If i could rate this a higher rate i would. I will be back.

Room Tip: Best place to stay no doubt about it
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business