All reviews room was clean difficult trip major road front desk fridge and microwave within walking distance would stay here again waffles santa fe new mexico hospital protein tv carpet
Reviewed 11 May 2018

This hotel was wonderful - great location, helpful staff, close to downtown but still had free parking. It is right off the highway, but was not noisy in the room. The staff were very helpful recommending places to go. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

pgfb2017,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us how our staff efforts to provide a comfortable and
convenient experience have been successful. We are delighted to hear that you had a great stay and that you are strongly recommend us for other travelers. We enjoy sharing these reviews with our staff and hope that your next visit will be another five star experience.

Reviewed 2 February 2018

I healed after a hospital stay here and I think that was the best thing for my recovery.thanks econo downtown alb.my health is good thanks to your comfortable and clean facility.God blessed me with your helpful staff.

Room Tip: rooms facing east give you a good view of the blue skies
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Amor G,

We are excited to share this wonderful review with our hardworking staff, and we thank you for giving us this opportunity to congratulate them on a job well done. It is so rewarding to learn of your five star experience at our hotel! . We're glad you had a good time with us and Our team will be waiting for your next return for another well-deserved break.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

This hotel is one of several situated near the cluster of hospitals and other medical facilities in this area of Albuquerque and as such their clientele includes a lot of people visiting folks who are in the hospital, as I was.
The room was basic, clean, comfortable, and had exactly what I needed (incl fridge and microwave). It was super convenient to the airport (Sunport) and the Lovelace Rehabilitation Center. The pool was closed for winter but it was in the central courtyard and the rooms overlooked it (might be a noise issue in warm weather, FYI).
But what really set this property apart was the compassionate and sympathetic staff who went out of their way to inquire about our loved ones (mine and other guests') and were just kind listeners and made it clear that they cared. That was just so refreshing and made my difficult trip much better.
But the lobby coffee is awful. They need to switch brands. I was going to go back for a second cup so I had something warm to sip on my walk through 25 degree weather but decided against it, it was that bad. I didn't even get a cup on my second morning but the waffles were great! I would recommend they add a protein item to the line-up like hard boiled eggs or something maybe? Even bagels with cream cheese would help break up the starchfest. Delicious starchfest, but still...

Room Tip: My room (247) faced east so the morning sun shone right into my window, make sure if you are up there to draw curtains before bed!
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2018

Sara H,

Thank you so much for staying at the Econo Lodge Downtown Hotel. It is truly our primary aim to ensure that you feel at home and to help you in any way that we can, especially during stressful and difficult times. I hope you will return to give us the opportunity to change your perception of our breakfast and we thank you again for sharing your five star experience!

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Hotel is in a good location and staff are friendly and professional. The breakfast is ok and the rooms are everything you expect. Central Ave is being upgraded which should improve the location even more. Would stay here again if coming back to Albuquerque.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Guest_Relations_2018, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

onetoonehundred,

Thank you for your high rating of Econo Lodge Downtown hotel and for taking the time to share your experience! It is great to hear of how you enjoyed the breakfast and the convenient location of our hotel! We would love to have you back and we do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

I stay here once a week and really enjoy staying here. The rate is awesome for nice it is. The Manger is very nice and helpful. The rooms are nice and clean. The rooms also have a lot of room. The property is very well kept. The breakfast is simple but good enough.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Brandy C, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Our primary objective is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience; so we thank you for sharing your feedback regarding our rate and breakfast. Your comments help us to see areas where we can improve and we appreciate that you have taken the time to review our hotel.