New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Denver, Colorado
“New Mexico Oasis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

Los Poblanos Inn is located on an organic lavender farm near the Rio Grande. The comfortable accommodations, beautiful surroundings, and delicious cuisine made it an ideal get away. We had fun shopping at their Farm Store which features a wide variety of wonderful gifts; smoked sea salt and luscious balsamic vinegars, lavender soaps and lotions, spiced pecans and caramels, books, puzzles and more. A unique, delicious breakfast was included with the room and all meals featured local ingredients. The Rio Grande Nature Center State Park was within walking distance. We thoroughly enjoyed this relaxing oasis.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

Stayed three nights in March 2012 in Meem 4, which is one of the rooms built about a year ago. I was a bit concerned that they provided earplugs. There are peacocks on the property--pretty to look at, but they have a very loud call, and are very vocal in the spring. Generally, they are quiet at night--didn't hear them after dark. Could also hear the guests in the room next door talking in normal voices.
Bed was very comfortable. There's an extra long tub which was nice, and lavender bath products provided. The room is spacious and thoughtfully laid out.
However, there is a level of thoughtfulness I expect at an inn like this that I found lacking. For example, other hotels I stayed at in New Mexico provided complimentary bottled water. It's the desert, and it's very easy to get dehydrated. But although my room had a wine fridge and a unrefrigerated cash minibar of snacks, there was no water provided. (Yes, I know, there's tap water. But if you decide to walk around the property, a bottle of water would have been a nice courtesy).
The staff was polite and generally helpful. But when it comes to breakfast, they were surprisingly inflexible. They have a fixed menu of two breakfasts for each morning. If you don't like it, your only option is the granola. I have some dietary restrictions which I notified them of when making my reservations six weeks ahead. However, they clearly had not given it a thought until I was at the breakfast table. They did adapt what they served to avoid the foods I couldn't have, but it meant I basically had to eat whatever they could scrounge together from what they were already making. Overall, the food was very good, but it was often not normal breakfast food. One morning, it was sauteed vegetables. Another, it was bruschetta made with greens, carrots and peas. For dinner or lunch, it would have been lovely. But it's not really my idea of breakfast. When I asked if there was anything else, maybe just some toast and jam? I was told no (I heard another guest receive a similar response). But if they make bruschetta, they have bread, so they could have made toast. Or they could provide other cereal besides granola. They choose not to. I'm a tea drinker, and they had all sorts of flavored tea, but they didn't have just plain black breakfast tea. For an inn that size and at that price, it just seemed unaccommodating. Also, on weekdays, breakfast is only served from 8 am - 9 am (though they decided to serve it until 10 when I was there, according to a note in the dining room). So you may have to choose between sleeping in your very comfortable bed and eating breakfast.
Bottom line, it was a very nice stay, but I think it could have been better.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ChrissyHny
LosPoblanos, Manager at Los Poblanos Historic Inn & Organic Farm, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Hello ChrissyHny,
Thank you for posting a review about your stay. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your room and the lavender products.

We are sorry, however, that the breakfast wasn't to your liking. As a working organic farm, almost all of our ingredients for all meals served on the property are grown right here on the farm. Spring is the perfect time of year for our Chef to showcase vegetables such as peas and carrots, as well as other seasonal produce. We understand that it may not be what everyone is accustomed to enjoying at breakfast, however, these are the best, freshest ingredients available.

Please be assured that we take all feedback very seriously, and we have passed on your comments to our kitchen team.

We hope to see you at the Inn on a future stay! Please feel free to contact us directly with any additional questions or feedback.

With regards,
Nancy Kinyanjui
Inn Manager
Los Poblanos Historic Inn & Organic Farm
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

My wife and I live in Albuquerque and had heard good things about Los Poblanos. We were planning a quick romantic "staycation" and thought this sounded perfect. We were not disappointed - the inn was everything we had heard. We stayed in the Greely 1 suite and it was very nice. There is a living area with a beautiful kiva style fireplace that worked beautifully, a nice kitchenette, a cozy bedroom with a huge king size bed, nicely appointed bathroom and a nice private patio. The inn is located in the valley near the Rio Grande and has a very rural feel to it even though it is surrounded by the city. We enjoyed walking around and exploring the grounds - although it was a little early in the Spring so there were not a lot of blooms and most of the trees and shrubs were just beginning to leaf out. I am sure it is spectacular a little bit later in the season. We really enjoyed visiting the barn and the pens where the goats, chickens, pigs, etc were. The place is like combining your aunt and uncles farm with a really luxurious inn - very comfortable and relaxing (and you don't have to milk the goats). The breakfast was absolutely delicious and the service was excellent. I would highly recommend Los Poblanos to out of town visitors - it is in a lovely location and it is pretty easy to get to other areas of town or to the interstate to go to Santa Fe.

Room Tip: The Greely Suite we stayed in was toward the back and may be a little quieter since it is further aw...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Los Poblanos. It was such a pristine setting and really allowed me to relax and get away from the city. Driving up to the property you drive down a tree-lined drive. The old ranch house setting is beautiful and the check in area is quaint. They give you a little tour of the dining room, kitchen and living room area. My room itself was very modern and clean with a homey feeling. I'd love for my future house to look like this! There's a farm store where you can buy their wonderful smelling lavender products and an animal area where you can play with their goats. When I was there some babies had just been born and they were adorable. I can not wait to come back here!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

What a great place to stay while visiting Albuquerque. We stayed in the Meem 1 room which was at the corner of the building next to the walkway and the dinning area. Since it was quite at Los Pablanso when we were there this was not an issue but when it gets busier in the season this room might not be the best choice. The room inside was beautiful, king size bed which was so comfortable, kiva fireplace, sitting area (couch, coffee table & leather chair) and a desk. A french coffee press & coffee was provided which is nice, so you can have a cup of coffee before you head out for breakfast. The bathroom was spacious with an oversized tub & a seperate shower stall and the lavendar products were fantastic! I couldn't leave without buying a bar of soap & lotion.
Breakfast was very nice, you would get muffins, fruit and a choice of a breakfast entree.
The grounds were beautiful, we can only imagine how it must look in the spring and summer my only reget is that we didn't go a bit later in the season!
The staff at Los Poblanos goes out of their way to make sure everything meets your needs, this is a great find, if you are going to Albuquerque you must stay here!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple