All reviews waffles the living room area room was clean would stay here again third floor an early flight indoor pool hot breakfast great room goldie router airport cereal freeway
Reviewed 11 April 2008

As soon a I saw the exterior of the building, I knew I had made a poor choice. This motel is in very poor repair.

There is a sign at check in stating to ask management about the internet access. I did and was told that it is via an ethernet cord. Did not find the cord but was able to connect to a very weak internet signal. Tried to call the desk and ask again. The phone rang 12 times before I gave up.

The room is like a long narrow dark cave. The cove base in the bathroom had fallen away and gravel was leaking from the wall. The counter in the living room is a makeshift plastic with pipe leg. The door frames were scratched, chipped, painted metal. The entire place just seemed grimy, unkempt and depressing.

To make matters worse, I discovered that I could have stayed at the nearby brand new Hyatt for the same price!

I do not think I will ever stay at a "Choice" property again.

Date of stay: April 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 14 February 2008

Very nice stay at this Quality Suites. Easy airport and Interstate access. Good hotel for the price. The breakfast wasn't awesome but I have seen lots worse at other hotels.

Date of stay: February 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 31 December 2007

I booked my stay from Kayak.

I was surprised to see such bad reviews for this hotel. I do not agree with them at all. Our stay was just fine.

The good points: The continental breakfast was very good, and the hours of it (6-10) were great for families with sleepy-head kids (some hotels cater to business travelers only, and late sleepers get the crumbs). Check-out was 11, which is also great for weary travelers. I never heard anyone in other rooms, which is a big plus over other hotels in the same price range.

The rooms are very comparable to the Embassy Suites. The beds were extremely comfortable and the pillows were fluffy enough for me. The pull-out sofa meant our family of five was very comfortable in three beds. There were two tvs, so the kids could watch sports while I watched a chick-flick. The shower-head had tons of water pressure and felt great after the long drive from southern California.

The downsides: the hotel lobby needs redecorating (not renovating). It really is a bad first impression to an otherwise nice place. The decor was like a Grandma decorated it, with floral sofas and tons and tons of fake floral plants everywhere. I think they should invest in some nice lobby furniture that is simple but classy, and put in tasteful southwestern accents, instead. The pool was warmer than the hot tub, which I thought was wierd, so I did not go in either. There was a sign on the hot-tub saying it had just been fixed and is warming, though. Also, there was a strong smell of perfume in the hallways. They said they had just de-oderized the carpets. I think Grandma DOES live there.

Our room did not smell like perfume like the hallways did, so I had a great night's sleep.

Other than that, everything was fine. The desk staff was great. I would definitely stay there again.

Date of stay: December 2007
1  Thank njcronk
Reviewed 13 December 2006

This place is in desperate need of some maintenance and upgrades. Dirty room, closet had bullet holes in it, sofa bed was hard as a rock with little or no mattress left, carpet bubbled, contenential breakfast was the worst I've ever seen, staff non responsive to our needs and we had a son who had surgery and this place was totally unacceptable for a recovery room. Indian from India management and they are nortorious for letting hotel properties get run down. I contacted the corporate headquarters about this place and they didn't offer anything to compensate us for the terrible two nights we spent at this establishment. ADVICE: STAY AWAY!

Date of stay: June 2006
2  Thank NMRawker
Reviewed 12 December 2006

Yikes! I don't know if it is Albuquerque or Quality Suites but we stayed at two of these hotels in ABQ and they were both filthy. This one, on Gibson Blvd. had a filthy elevator, stairway, hallways, pool area and rooms. The pool area was especially gross with hair floating in it and scum in the hot tub. The front desk clerk seemed clueless and it took him over 5 minutes to find our reservation after I handed him my email confirmation. The room was spacious with a TV room but things were old and needed updating including the refrigerator which was also dirty. If we were not catching a plane early in the morning we would have left. The breakfast person did a nice job making a ho-hum breakfast look attractive.

Date of stay: November 2006