“It's an Albuquerque 5!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: View, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

It was the evening of our wedding anniversary so we decided to try Bien Shur for the first time since moving here 5 years ago. The Sandia Resort & Casino has grown into a behemoth of a place. Beautiful grounds and ample parking in a rural setting close to the city. If you aren't a smoker make sure you find out exactly the right part of the building and best doors to use to enter and exit the building and get directly to the elevators so you can avoid having to walk a long distance through smoked filled rooms, not to mention the menagerie of goofy looking people gambling away what is probably their last dollar.
Upon arrival on the 9th floor and approaching the hostess desk, we waited 5-10 minutes before anyone acknowledged us even though we were right on time for our reservation. We were seated at a table with a beautiful view of the Sandia's. Our waitress was very attentive and provided good service. Their choices for white wines by the glass is poor and I had to send back a couple that were flat and tasteless. Our meals were nicely presented and were tasty. Pricing on the entrees and deserts was very reasonable. You would think they might provide a complimentary desert on the evening of an actual anniversary for two older folks, but not so.....I suppose too many people took false advantage of it and that ruined it for the rest of us. It used to be pretty common to get a piece of cake or other sweet recognition of a big event but times change I suppose. One last thing, and this really bugs me......when you dress up nicely to have dinner at what is supposed to be a top tier restaurant it is pretty disappointing and sometimes disgusting, when management allows people dressed inappropriately (like pigs!) to dine next to you. If you just came from working on your truck or mowing your lawn and you look like it, you should be asked to change into decent apparel.
All in all we would recommend Bien Shur for a location that is a cut above without breaking the bank.

1  Thank Edmundo_de_ABQ

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Had an excellent dinner in this restaurant. The appetizer choices were great (we had very good calamari), and the steak and seafood options were excellent (we had filet mignon and salmon). The person in our party who had the ribs thought the sauce was just okay. We would have eaten here again during our stay, but we rant out of time.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed dinner here as we watched the sun set on the nearby moutains. We tried the crab cake appetizer, prime rib and chicken duo. The food and service was very good!

Reviewed 9 March 2018

We showed up at 4:45 for our 5 PM reservation. At the reception desk we stood for 5 minutes before the hostess asked us how she could help us. We told her were were there 10 minutes early for our 5 PM reservation.
She said, "I can't seat you until 5 PM."
I told her, "I thought the web page said you are open at 4 PM."
She said,That's for the Lounge; Restaurant doesn't open until 5 PM."

At this point, I believe, were I her, I would have said, "I'm sorry, but we're just not fully staffed yet. Perhaps I could seat you and order your drinks from the bar -- then at 5 PM I can make sure someone is available to take your order."

But that is not even close to what happened. Coincidentally, a couple we met on the elevator ride up to the Bien Shur said they had tried this restaurant twice before and were very happy either time. Their parting words were a sardonic, "Good Luck."

Their "review" plus the indifference of the hostess made our decision. We left, never to come back again.

1  Thank A J M
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

Beautiful place for even apps and a drink. The view aid amazing and the service is very good. Make an evening of it and hit the casino after cle