See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 January 2018

My brother and I actually had a somewhat decent stay here except that the room stunk of cigarette smoke even though it's supposed to be non smoking. It was clean and warm. The beds all Motel 6's seem to use are always too hard and the pillows too soft. That's the downside, but the room was mostly quiet on the backside of the property until someone came into the room next door. Then you could hear everything until they settled down.

Room tip: quiet on the backside of the property at the furthest end
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 January 2018

I had made a reservation a week ago at this hotel. When I arrived to check in, the night time front desk person had not yet come into work, and the daytime person had already clocked out and could not help me. I was told I could wait for the other person to come in. I waited in the parking lot for 30 minutes and the night time person finally stumbled into work. I tried to check in again. He could not find my reservation by my name. I provided my confirmation number. He also could not find my reservation. I took this as a sign from the universe not to stay at this motel and made a reservation elsewhere. Motel 6 needs to find employees who are useful, and who show up to work on time.

Room tip: Call during the day, when a competent person is working, and verify your reservation.
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank jntcm
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Albuquerque - Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your concerns. Please know the service issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment, and as such, we apologize. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service, but with your experience, we have fallen short and would like to apologize for the service issues you describe. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 20 December 2017

The only reason I was able to give this particular Motel 6 a 1 star is that they had an excellent barbecue restaurant next door. I will break my review into two parts, the motel in general and our room. On more than one occasion the people next door were smoking marijuana outside of their room and of course it was sucked right into our room by the heating/air conditioning system in our room. The noise and language outside of our room was terrible until about 1 in the morning. In the morning the exterior trash cans were over flowing with beer cans and beer containers. On my first trip to locate the ice machine I was propositioned by a prostitute. It appears that this property serves as more than a motel, possibly as some sort of transitional housing. I actually feared going outside the room after dark. We were in a handicap accessible room. It was very small, by my count 12x12 exclusive of the bathroom. Due to the room size there were no drawers to place clothing in so we had to leave everything packed. The TV was wall mounted the room was so small. The bathroom was indeed handicap accessible and for that we were thankful. When we checked in (for 3 weekday nights) the room was clean and had recently been remodeled. After that, not so much. Housekeeping took our used wash cloths and towels and they never were replaced. On day two we were left with no pillowcases. The Wi-Fi was unsecured and so slow that I finally resorted to using my phone hotspot. Plus I was charged $2.99 per day for the inconvenience of their Wi-Fi. He heater fan was like a noisy turbine, so loud and obnoxious that we could not keep it running overnight. This was an experience I will not repeat.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank hunterpartyofone

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We apologize for any misunderstanding that may have occurred during your recent stay with regard to our rates and the inconveniences you experienced. We are glad to be able to provide Wi-Fi to our guests and apologize for the dissatisfaction you describe with our policy. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest, and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the noise concerns you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your stay to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

I only stayed here due to lack of choice, booking late for the balloon fiesta. As in, the whole town was sold out.

Had a nonsmoking room which reeked of smoke. Now all my clothes and luggage are permeated with the smell. Toilet didn't flush. Towels were dirty. Floor was never cleaned, and dirty when I arrived. Woke up to two drug addicts passed out on the balcony above my room. Location is noisy, right next to the freeway.

I would have paid triple to stay somewhere decent. Never again.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank christopherc785
Reviewed 10 October 2017

I usually don't write negative reviews about my experiences but this motel 6 was so lacking in amenities it was rediculous. NO free wifi ( $2.99 per day charge to use wifi), no hairdryer, no shampoo, no tissues, no elevator. Although it was very clean, that was its only positive attribute. Will definitely not stay in a Motel 6 again. And I paid $80.00 a night to stay there!!!

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Albuquerque - Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Lenora, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason, we apologize for the disappointment you describe in the expectations of amenities. We are glad to be able to provide Wi-Fi to our guests, but apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with our policy. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.