“Cheap room, close to a few restaurants, but bad experience”

Motel 6 Albuquerque - Carlisle
Ranked #132 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 29 April 2015

Nothing fancy, as you would expect. No pet fee, which is great. There were a few people hanging out in the parking lot, which was a bit unsettling. That was nothing compared to what happened when I walked my dog around the area. A man started following me along the loop and even started climbing the stairs up towards the room once I got back to the motel. Luckily, the security guard intervened and asked the man to leave the premises.

Room Tip: Get a second floor room.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
6Team, Brand Experience Team member at Motel 6 Albuquerque - Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2015

Justin,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It is important for all of our guests to feel welcomed, receive the highest level of service, respect and hospitality. We apologize for your unpleasant stay as a result of the concerns you describe. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality and we regret you felt differently during your visit. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 23 October 2014

This Motel 6 is an older property, but the location was convenient to the part of town I needed to be in. Freeway access was very easy. The rooms are small and could use some refreshing. The room was fairly clean although the carpets were quite dirty. My white socks turned black very quickly. The few towels that were left in the room were very thin. After housekeeping finished the room on the second day of my stay there were even fewer towels left in the room. Not a bad place to stay if that's where your business is.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were on our way to Arkansas and we had to pass through Albuquerque. It was getting late and we were tired so we decided to find an affordable place to stay on for the night. I used trip advisor to find the best deal in town. I was looking at the reviews for this motel and the first few ones that I read were decent reviews. Looking back, I now realize that the people who gave these reviews had pets and/or kids and since I think motel six lets kids and pets stay for free, it would make sense for them to stay there as it would be more affordable. I have nothing against that whatsoever. But as we were unloading our luggage, my husband and I noticed fresh blood stains on the sidewalk leading to our room, this was enough to get us unsettled but we were still willing to give it a go. When we entered our room, it was obviously an outdated too with a 19" box tv, two double beds instead of the queen that we booked and they looked uncomfortable as all get out. The carpet had deep dark stains that looked like blood stains and my husband thinks that this may have come from the same person who bled out in the sidewalk. There were shady individuals that just stared and stared at us as we were unloading our bags as well. Needless to say, we did not feel safe there at all, nor did we feel that it would be safe to park our vehicle there for the night. We decided to
Turn our keys in and ask for our money back. I took pictures and a video of the blood stain and showed it to the desk clerk. She did not appear to be surprised about it when I showed it to her but she did not give us a hard time refunding our money either (although it will take up to 7 to 10 days before we can have our money back). We headed across the street and for a few dollars more slept comfortably and safely plus we got a free breakfast and free wifi as well. If you are traveling solo or with just one other person, stay away from this place.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank May T
Reviewed 20 September 2014 via mobile

Bad: Dirty towels, pubic hairs in the dirty shower, and tore up flooring. I'm on the road a lot and used to being in janky hotels but this one was pretty bad. Just happened to stay next to a loud couple talking all night, a family with a score of kids running above, and a working girl above me going in and out all night. Not a great area.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Traveling_Bassist
6Team, Brand Experience Team member at Motel 6 Albuquerque - Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in following through on that commitment during your recent stay. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the noise issues you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your stay so that we can provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

The reservation was accurate, the price good and the staff members were nice. My concerns were about safety. I arrived very late on a Thursday night and noticed how active the parking lot still was and that the motel grounds were pretty trashed. Also there was a very visible Security Guard. In driving around the nearby city the next day I saw what the safety concern was about. Many panhandlers have settled into anywhere and everywhere that they don' get hassled .During my time in Albuquerque I was approached by panhandlers numerous times at gas stations, grocery stores,and restaurants. The Motel 6 did not have this problem. I also had the back of my vehicle loaded with my belongings but nothing was taken. The Motel 6 room did have an issue with the ventilation system. Whenever the bathroom fan was turned on it sucked in cigarette smoke from somewhere. Also based on the spill stains, the carpets had not been cleaned in quite some time. For travelers to Albuquerque, be very aware of potential safety issues with the motels that are actually on the on the Rt. 66 strip east of town. Also, for people traveling with dogs, the Motel 6 grounds are very difficult due to the amount of thorny stickers that are everwhere. Check their feet. As for the availability of good food, a very good BBQ joint (Rudy's?) is adjacent to this property.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business