“Excellent!”

Motel 6 Albuquerque North
Ranked #102 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 6 October 2011

Just got back from a 4 night stay at this motel during the first weekend of the Balloon Fiesta.
I booked a room here because of the location close to the Balloon Fiesta field and because the cost was considerably less than other area hotels. I was pleasantly surprised by how clean and fresh it was. We had room 221 and there was plenty of space for our family of four. Loved the parquet style floors, the beds were very comfy, though they are fulls not queens. Bathroom was spotless, A/C worked great, elevator worked great. I asked for extra pillows and blankets, which were given to me straight away with a smile. The ladies at reception were extremely helpful, even offering to recharge a cell phone for another gentleman who had forgotten to pack his charger. The pool was sparkly clean with pool loungers for relaxing. Regular and decaf coffee were available all day long. No breakfast is offered but we found several places near us that offer an excellent breakfast - Weck's was our favourite, and a 3 - 5 minute drive from the motel.
The view from the motel of the balloons going up in the morning was just wonderful! We all had a great time - wish we could have stayed a little longer!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the mountains if you like peace and quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank TexasMaid

Reviewed 30 September 2011

Bring your own pillows(one each otherwise) but this no carpet, clean new fresh decor was just the ticket for us. Coffee is downstairs in the morning. Inexpensive price.. A/C worked great. one side table but you can use one of the 2 chairs for it. We had our own breakfast so sat and ate that at little table with 2 chairs. BAthroom was clean and new. I was told Motel 8s got renovated this year according to their level of revenue. This one got everything except flat screen tvs (we had a small tv).

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Cornelia767
Reviewed 6 September 2011

This is probably the best motel 6 I have stayed at. The rooms are small but comftorable and well painted, there is a large pool at the back.

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank Sasgarb
Reviewed 10 August 2011

As we planned an extended car trip, we found Motel 6 Albuquerque North on tripadvisor with an average rating. We were just going to stop for the night along the way, so we thought this would be okay.
Wrong.
From first glance, we thought that this was going to be worth the money.
As we got into our room and I walked around, my shoes were sticking to the floor. Then I went to check out the bathroom, there were hairs on every towel, in the tub and on the floor, UGH.
I’m so glad that I always bring a can of disinfecting spray and wipes!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2011

I had to stay here during a snow storm. I ended up with a smoking room. The lobby reminded me of a low rent tenemant building. When I got to my room it was filthy! There was food stuck to the walls and carpets. The bed spread looked like it had been dragged around in the sand. The bathroom had stains everywhere! I asked to move rooms, and was obliged (begrudgingly).
The room they put me in was only slightly better. The bedspread in this one didnt look like it had been dragged through sand. There was still stuff stuck to the wall.
I slept fully dressed atop the covers and did not shower in the morning.
Does the health department know about this place?
If you stay here "be afraid, be very afraid"

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo