“Great Hotel in New Mexico”

Residence Inn Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #53 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I travel each year back to New Mexico where I lived to visit my friends and take the pilgrimage to Santario de Chimayo Easter weekend. On my last night, I stay in a hotel in Albuquerque to fly out early the next day, so this is a review for one night's stay. Usually I bid on a hotel for cheap just to save money because the stay is so short, but this time, I had a free night stay because I am a Marriott member. I usually stay at Marriott and this one was very, very nice. I believe the hotel was built in 2009, so very clean and new. The decor of my studio suite was very pleasing, the usual kitchen, living area, and bedroom layout, but the little details stood out. The hotel provides pickup of groceries if you are staying longer, a grill on the outside patio to use if you want to grill a meal, a reclining chair with ottoman, numerous outlets for charging cell phones and using the ironing board, cabinets and drawers for good storage. All of this would be quite comfortable for someone needing a longer stay but really nice for a final night in New Mexico. The staff was excellent - picked me up at the airport to bring to the hotel as well as the usual shuttle back to airport. Marriott breakfasts are above average, with hot dishes as well as a griddle to make waffles - this one was free and usually is at Marriott. The lobby is inviting with a gas fireplace running and comfortable lounge furniture. I used the business area to print my boarding pass and wireless is free in the room. I highly recommend this hotel particularly for those needing a place to stay for several days or even one night. Airport hotels usually don't have much in the way of entertainment or sites to see close to the hotel, but downtown Albuquerque is an easy bus ride away and the staff is willing to take you into town if not during airport rush. I'm definitely staying here again.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room #425 which provided a nice view of the Sandia Mountains, although near the airport...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank santafegal54
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Albuquerque Airport

Reviewed 12 March 2012

I stayed here 172 nights. Front desk staff is outstanding! Breakfasts are very good. Rooms are very functional. Great shuttle to the airport.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights. The room was great, stayed in the king fireplace suite. Asked for a room with a view/higher floor and got put on the first floor. This actually wasn't a problem since I'm a smoker and this meant easier access to the smoking area outside. Only real complaint was with the bathroom. The light in the bathroom had dead bugs in it and also no option of turning off the air circulator/fan which got really load and annoying. Would get so loud that when I was done with my shower I would dry off in the dark just to get rid of the annoying sound. Never got a chance to check out the pool/whirpool, each time went to check it out there were families/kids in there. The breakfast was good: pancakes, sausage patties, hash browns and eggs, along with coffee, juice, cold/hot cereal and bagels. Would definitely stay here again. A little more than I would have liked to spend but the room was worth it, felt like my own apartment!

Room Tip: stayed in room 131 (or was it 133) very last room off the back/parking lot area, good if you're...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank octoberasteria
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I've stayed at this hotel several times and most recenly this week. It is a pretty standard Residence Inn and the bed was very comfortable. The staff there is outstanding...very helpful and competent. The rooms and public areas were clean and inviting. Complimentary breakfast was very good. I did not have the evening refreshments, so can't comment on that. The hotel is mere minutes from the airport, which is convenient for those early morning departures; however, it is a little removed from many nicer areas of Albuquerque. A car is a necessity if you stay here (unless you are only planning to take the free shuttle to the airport). If you do rent a car, be careful where you buy gas. I forgot to buy gas for my rental car the night before I departed and had to get it at 5:30 AM There were already a couple of people hanging around the gas station (7/11) a couple of blocks away trying to panhandle. Not what you want to deal with before your morning coffee. For the quick trip to Albuquerque this is a good hotel, but if you plan to be there for several days I would recommend the Marriott on Louisianna Street due to a more convenient location.

Room Tip: No really bad rooms. The hotel is far enough from the freeway or major streets to ensure a quiet ni...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Lwood_23
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I recently stayed at the Residence Inn Albuquerque Airport for two nights with my family. I have stayed at a number of Residence Inn locations and the past and this is one location that sets itself apart from the others.

The hotel property is very well maintained. Everything is clean, the lobby has a great design and is very comfortable for breakfast or meeting people. The staff throughout check-in and the stay were always very friendly and very helpful, awesome staff all around from the desk to the housekeeping.

The rooms are very well designed, more then any other Residence Inn I have stayed at in the past. The furniture, kitchen and bedroom area are fantastic and I really enjoyed the way the rooms are designed. The living area furniture was particularly nice for working and it seemed to have more room then most I have stayed in. The hotel is also dog friendly which is nice if you are traveling with your pet like I did on this stay.

Its very nice to stay at a Residence Inn that isn't cookie cutter like most. I enjoy them, don't get me wrong, but it was wonderful that this hotel but their own southwest spin on the design, it made much more fun to stay in. I would certainly return.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family