“Don't understand the great reviews”

Staybridge Suites Albuquerque - Airport
Ranked #30 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Carlsbad, New Mexico
“Don't understand the great reviews”
Reviewed 14 January 2012

This hotel is nothing to rave about, the biggest benefit is that there is more space than the average hotel room and having a door between the living room and bedroom is helpful. The breakfast was ok, not great but standard fare. But i don't understand why no one has noticed that you can't pull the sofa bed out without the end bumping into the TV to where the last third is at a 45 degree angle. My son didn't care but most people would. The shuttle doesn't run late at night, stops at about 10 pm apparently. I don't think they mentioned that on website. There was more that I was unhappy about but in the interests of fairness I have to say my daughter was liked the the hotel. The location is odd and hard to find. It would work best for people who need to be very, very close to the airport. It is easier to find from Yale (turn at Hilton Garden Inn) than going up I-25 if you are approaching the hotel from town.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Pat646
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Buenos Aires
Reviewed 11 January 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two nights at the beginning of the trip and one more night at the end.
It was really a treat.
Not only for the cleanliness of everything, but for the friendliness of the front desk staff and of the shuttle drivers. By the way, if you do not drive, the shuttle takes you not only to the airport but to a 3-mile radius.
The hotel is located less than a mile from the airport, however it is very quiet, to the point that I do not recall to have heard any plane passing by.
On the second night the hotel invited us to dinner, which was an offer we did not reject and enjoyed.
When we first stayed, we left behind in the room a blue cable for internet connections. When I noticed this I called the hotel and asked them to keep it since we were returning in less than two weeks. Guess what? The cable was there waiting for us.

Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Huntsville, AL
Reviewed 1 January 2012

I enjoyed my weekend stay at the Staybridge ABQ Airport. The staff was helpful and friendly. My room was clean and neat. Didn't hear much noise from the airport, near by highway or other guests. For the accommodations I received the room was a VERY responsibly priced weekend rate.

Hotel was a little tricky to find, even with my GPS. However, the the local fire department also had issues finding the hotel. (see below)

Only real negative. On the last night of my stay, the fire-alarm went off in the wee hours of the morning. It took the ABQ FD a while to find the hotel, 30min-hour. It would have been longer, but one of the hotel guests noticed that the firetruck was at the hotel next door. The on duty person called the FD again to get them the correct hotel. Hopefully MGT will work with the local FD and get their directions strait. I think the night staff did need a little extra training on what to do in the situation, i.e. keeping guests informed, giving directions to the fire department, where the pump room was located, etc.

After all that, it turned out to be false alarm due to a faulty sprinkler pump. Front desk people in the AM were very apologetic.

If in ABQ again, I would have no problem staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: The two rooms suites are great for families.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank aljacket
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 9 November 2011

I stayed at this hotel in October, and wow was I impressed. The hotel was clean and the staff was so friendly, everyone went out of their way to accommodate my needs. Thank you Staybridge Sutes for a great stay, keep up the great work!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Larry J
minnesota
Reviewed 5 November 2011

We now stay at this hotel when passing through ABQ. Good value for a large room. Quiet (even being next to airport and freeway ), clean,easy on / off freeway. Even though we only stay one night passing through town, it is nice having the extra space and kitchenette. Hotel is pet friendly,which we take advantage of, but the area around the hotel isn't the best for pet exercise. And, is it just me, but is it hard to find gas stations and restaurants in this town?

Room Tip: East side is away from freeway
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MinnesotaTravelindog
ReneMarinGM, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Albuquerque - Airport, responded to this review, 9 November 2011
Thank you for your comments and we thank you for taking the time to take the survey. We enjoy having you and your extended family (pet) every time you are in Albuquerque. Don’t forget next time you’re in town to stop by the front desk for the treats we have for all the pets that stay at Staybridge Suites Airport.