“Great location for old town and bio-park!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Albuquerque Old Town
Ranked #14 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Durango, Colorado
“Great location for old town and bio-park!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

I called ahead to get a one bedroom suite but found once I arrived that it was not two rooms, rather one large room with a bedroom/sitting area and kitchenette. The room was very clean and was quite comfortable. The location is about 5 minutes drive from old town proper, the bio park (botanic gardens, zoo and aquarium) and the NM Museum of Natural History. This was great for our family. There are lots of restaurants down in old town, we quite enjoyed the Le Michelle Crepes after having our fill of Mexican. Sadie's Mexican was also great, about 2.5 miles from hotel. We ate dinner at Pueblo Harvest, but were disappointed. The menu looks authentic and wonderful, but product was just so-so.Overall this is a super location and a good value, especially with breakfast included.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the mountains were nice and quite!
1 Thank SelectivelySnotty
gmabqww, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Albuquerque Old Town, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I love our location as well. It is close to everything! Easy access to both I-40 and I-25. Convienent to Old Town Plaza, Downtown, etc. Albuquerque has so much to offer - good entertainment and most of all good food!

I am so happy that you found your room comfortable. I do want to apologize if the room type was not fully explained. All of our suites are large rooms with the sitting area viewable from the bedroom area. We do have a few adjoining rooms that could work for a large family, if you were wanting the closeness but still some privacy as well. An idea for your next trip.

Hope to see you again on your next visit to Albuquerque.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
El Paso, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

We have been staying at this hotel since it opened, They staff is friendly and helpful. The hotel is clean and beautiful... It is a wonderful place!!!

Room Tip: All of them are wonderful
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Amanda P
gmabqww, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Albuquerque Old Town, responded to this review, 18 February 2012
I am glad that you love our hotel. We love having you as our guest! I hope to see you on your next trip to Albuquerque.

Kathleen E. Holguin
Las Cruces, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

Had a business in Santa Fe Monday morning but did not feel like drive all the way from Las Cruces to Santa Fe. So I decided to stay in Albuquerque. I choose Holiday Inn Express as often as I can because they are consistent and a great value for the money! I arrived Sunday night at about nine at night and was greeted by a very friendly and "chipper" front desk clerk. She saw that I was tired and took no time to get me to my room. What a gem! When I got to my room it was smelled fresh, clean, and the bed was like an oasis in between Socorro and Belen. I had a great night sleep and breakfast was fabulous. I recommend this hotel to anyone, especially on business where need a great night sleep to recharge.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Victor D
Thank you for your review and recommendations! We strive each day to make our guests feel comfortable in a clean room and a with a warm welcome. We hope to see you on your next trip to Albuquerque.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

After rejecting a hotel (due to uncleanliness) where we had a reservation, we sought out an alternative nearby and found the Holiday Inn late in the afternoon. The desk staff at the Inn was very pleasant and accommodating in setting us up in a room that was exceptionally clean. We found the reception and breakfast areas to be similarily well kept. The staff in the breakfast area were cheerful and interested in seeing that our experience would be pleasant.
The hotel has great access to the freeways and is located close to the famous Old Town with its many amenities and great southwest dining opportunities. We were so impressed that we made reservations for the 2012 Baloon Fiesta later in the year.

Room Tip: .Our large double queen room had a microwave oven and refridgerator that we found very convient for...
1 Thank Richard A
gmabqww, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Albuquerque Old Town, responded to this review, 16 February 2012
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff is very proud of our home and the job they do to make each guest have a great experience. I am happy to hear that you and your family will be returning for Balloon Fiesta. It is our favoritie time of year. There is so much excitement in the air. We look forward to having you as a guest on your next visit to Albuquerque. Have a wonderful day!

Kathleen E. Holguin
Altoona, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

Stayed here when we came to visit our new Grandson. Hotel was very clean. Breakfast was wonderful. The staff reflected the managers style of customer service first with a smile. Everyone was welcoming and friendly. No grumps anytime in the 4 nights we stayed even in the face of TV issues which took 4 days for the company to find and fix even though they worked around the clock!! Will definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
gmabqww, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Albuquerque Old Town, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. These reviews mean more than you know to us. I will pass on your comments to our staff.
I would like to apologize for the television issues during your visit. It was a pleasure to have your family stay with us. We look forward to having you as our guests on your next visit to Albuquerque. Take care!