“excellent if you like clean”

Sandia Peak Inn Motel
Ranked #4 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Tucson, Arizona
“excellent if you like clean”
Reviewed 24 March 2012

My first priorty is cleanliness..everything else is a bonus. This place fit the bill and then some. You can tell the owners have put a lot of work to keep things just right..even the towels smell so fresh! I never expect a gourmet breakfast in motels and usually am happy with some coffee (until I can get to a Starbucks)-they had a lot more choices then l thought they would after reading other reviews.Old Town is a must (great shopping) and not walkable from the motel but the area directly outside of Old Town had a lot of shady people, staying a mile of away allowed us to be away from all that foot traffic. There is absolutely a personal touch to this motel and the owner, Kay, (sometimes a little hard to understand when excited) was delightful.

Room Tip: Ask to see the rooms
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Polish first
Littleton, Co
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We picked the Sandia Peak hotel based on its review and price in comparison to other hotels in Albuquerque. It was a very clean hotel room and the staff was very friendly. However, that is about where it ends. The location was not desirable and the noise off the street was very loud. The continental breakfast was pretty sparse too. The pool is much more like a oversized spa. I probably wouldn't pick this hotel again based on this price and the above reasons.

Room Tip: Something not facing the street
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank denverlynx
Texas
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I don't know why some people are being so doubtful about these reviews. It makes me a little upset. My husband and I stayed in the motel this past summer for 3 nights after only planning on staying for 1 night. The owners were the nicest, most gracious people I have ever come across in any motel or hotel. This is why they have such fantastic reviews. I wasn't sure I would like the area but it is very close to Old Town and we felt safe in their fenced enclosure. The rooms are very clean and have been updated. The flat screen tv's are new and we enjoyed the hot tub in our room. The prices were reasonable and they give good deals in slower times and if you are nice. We look forward to visiting Albuquerque again and will definately stay here. To all you doubters...you are missing a good thing.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OutdoorsyTexas
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I will Never come back to this place! We went here because of a coupon book and the guy Pat there had no time for me. In the middle of talking to me he answered the phone and took a call which I didn't mind. I started asking if the pool was heated and as I was filling out the form to rent a room he took the form from me and told me he will not rent my family a room because we didn't look satisfied!!! No wonder No One was there because of rude people running the front desk!!! Get rid of him and you will get some business!!!!!

Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Raina C
Rotorua, New Zealand
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I agree with some other writers who are skeptical about the long list of 5-star reviews for the "motel". We stayed here strictly because of the the rating on our tripadvisor app, yet it didn't measure up to the reviews. I guess it is possible to create mulitple accounts and submit reviews on your own place, which may be what happend.

Anyway, the rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable and the owner tried to make things right. The headboard was so loose it hit us in the head. The rooms were small. There was supposed to be breakfast but nothing was out at 8:40. They claim big TVs, which they have, but there is only basic cable with very limited selections. The shampoo provided was so small of a portion that my wife couldn't wash her hair.

Again, it was adequate, but there is something fishy about so many 5-star reviews.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family