“Love the Greek food- especially the lamb”
Review of Mykonos Cafe

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Juan Tabo Blvd NE
Reviewed 31 January 2018

We've been to Mykonos many times for the great Greek food- all the standards- but lately we've particularly enjoyed the lamb dishes: lamb chops and lamb shanks- some of the best anywhere. We also really enjoy the flaming saganaki as an appetizer- so fun to watch it prepared by the server.

Reviewed 11 January 2018

The physical plant is cramped and noisy. Yes,but so are the restaurants in Greece. Still it is annoying. We usually have eaten in the bar with the water swirling behind the many shelved bottles; however, this time we were seated in the large room just off the bar. There was a birthday party being held with 20 some people all trying to out shout the others., At least they were having a good time! Our waitress was new and did not know various items and things an experienced wait staff would know; however, she was willing and very eager to please. After being served, the food was absolutely delicious. I rate it against the many meals I have had in Athens and suburbs. The Dolmades, which I ordered were outstanding. My daughter had the pork chop, which was gigantic and prepared perfectly. So, if you can stand the noise, forgive untrained wait staff but enjoy an outstanding bar and Greek food, then Mykonos is the place to go. If you complain about the food, then you do NOT know real Greek cuisine!

Reviewed 24 December 2017

I went with family in the spring and had good food and good service. Went again last week and will never go again. The service wasn't too bad, but the food just wasn't good quality. The lentil soup was a bowl of brown water with lots of old chopped up celery and carrots and, if you imagined it, a couple of lentils. I ordered the Tabouli salad. The server came back to tell me that there would be an up-charge of almost $2.00. When I asked why, he said that the upcharge would be on the new menus, but they had not been yet been printed, and his manager had told him to charge. The Tabouli was awful - a small serving of LOTS of purple onions with a bit of parsley, no cucumbers, no hint of mint or other good things. Other food was just so-so. We will not be back.

1  Thank Ann M
Reviewed 19 November 2017

Go for the alcohol, not the food. The bar has all the name brands, is roomy and secluded, decent tv’s.

But, the food is below average even compared to the big chain diners and steak places. We tried to put together a couple of appetizers and entree salads with meat..sad lettuce, skimpy veggies, tough chicken and awful gyro meat. The happy diners we saw around us had knocked back adult beverages and didn’t seem to care what was on their plates.

On the plus side, parking is free.

1  Thank Michaela H
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Came here for lunch during Balloon Fiesta. Place wasn't particularly busy as it was later in the afternoon. My husband had a Wedge Salad w a delicious house made 1000 Island and their Spanikopita which were also yummy. My Chicken Gyros was just okay. None of the ingredients from the chicken to the yogurt sauce had much flavor. Fries were terrific. My issue was with our server who argued that I hadn't ordered the sandwich. Rather than being gracious she said she didn't have it written down. My husband said yes, I had ordered it. At any rate the meal was above average but gave today's experience a 3 because of service.

1  Thank ChefJ_11

Been to Mykonos Cafe? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK