“Heaven On Earth”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Pecos River Cabin

100-year-old, fully restored, full log cabin
Autumn is glorious, looking up the lane from the cabin The Pecos River, just steps from your front door
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
100-year-old, fully restored, full log cabin
Autumn is glorious, looking up the lane from the cabin
The Pecos River, just steps from your front door
master bedroom with star-gazing, river-listening skylight
Living room with plenty of seating, flat TV and extensive DVD library
Cozy kitchen, fully equipped
Start on that novel you've been thinkiing about!
Settle in with a good book from the cabin library, where there\'s something for everyone
Take a break from fishing and watch the river run!
Large stone patio, with gas barbecue grill, overlooks the grassy meadow
Nothing like a nap in the hammock on a warm afternoon
A creekside rest stop provides viewing of the horseshoe pit
A meandering creek runs through the property, with its own footbridge
Winter on the Pecos is breathtaking! Bring your snowshoes or just curl up by the fire.
Blue sky above a sparkling snow-covered cabin
The Steller's jays stand out against a snowy background
Winter on the Pecos River
Winter at the cabin is magical with a cozy wood stove and plenty of wood provided
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

James M
Rockport, United States
“Heaven On Earth”
Reviewed 1 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015

The descriptions of the cabin and location do not come close to describing this little "heaven on earth" cabin. I have camped and fished in the area for many years and this was my first time to take advantage of this type of accommodation. This was to be a very, very special event for my fiancée and myself. We were celebrating her recovery from serious medical issues and our engagement. From the second we parked our vehicle and got out we entered the magical world of Pecos Cabin. Words can't describe our emotions...the sounds or lack of with the exception of the Pecos River, the freshness of the mountain air and on and on. Everything was perfect. Anything and everything we needed for our time there was already in place and waiting for us when we arrived. The owner went way above and beyond to make this experience happen for us. Thank you so very much for everything. I wish I had more and better words to describe our time there, and I have made a clumsy effort to express the experience. I truly look forward to planning another visit to Pecos Cabin in the future. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Liked best: Everything.
Liked least: Leaving.
Friends getaway
Barbara Y
Amarillo, Texas
“An amazing place with all the comforts of home, peace, tranquility, and beauty everywhere!”
Reviewed 17 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

The instructions given to have an enjoyable trip were perfect. It took all 3 days for us to see
all the beautiful décor. It was amazing. I picked apples from the trees and we had fresh baked apples. Ate out on the patio and enjoyed the flowers, smell of the pine trees and listened to the creek flow. But to see the top of the tall trees and a million stars to go to sleep watching was wonderful. We took things we didn't need such as hair dryers, mirrors,
trash bags, foil and plastic wrap. It is fully furnished. Going much lighter the next trip.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: We loved everything about it. It was perfect. One the best experiencies we have had.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Alejandro...
“Beautiful and quite place”
Reviewed 23 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

I planned a quite vacation with my wife and daughter. And this was the perfect place for that. The cabin is rather small but good size for the three of us. The surroundings are beautiful and very private. Very green, and since I live in a desertic area, this was what I was looking for. The cabin is very clean and with the necessary equipment to prepare your own food. The owners left a book with detailed instructions which were very helpful.

Definitely enjoyed the stay.

Alejandro

Stevefrom...
Austin, Texas
“2nd Stay and loved it!”
Reviewed 30 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

This is our second time to stay at this wonderful cabin and we love it. Perfect for a couple. The cabin is rustic, charming and fully equipped. We will be back next year.

Terry B
Cottonwood Heights, Utah
“A slice of Heaven”
Reviewed 3 November 2014 for a stay in October 2014

Our stay at the Pecos River cabin was kind of an extended vacation it began in September 2013. The was the year that the New Mexico area and Pecos River drainage in particular was inundated with abnormal rain flow. My Wife and I had booked the cabin for a romantic retreat and Margo and crew had made the Cabin available to us . We arrived under a light rain shower and proceeded to move our gear into the cabin and the rain continued to fall heavily for the next two days, the Pecos River was raising by the minute and the island out front of the cabin was completely covered. As the river began to encroach upon the cabin area we ventured out and were informed by the local Sherriff that we had best evacuate the area as the flow of the river was in danger of taking out bridges and upstream cabins,
As we left the cabin my wife took a Video with her I Pad and she was full of tears as she had so wanted to stay at this beautiful place. We left messages for Margo and the property manager of our dilemma and Margo was quick to respond with an offer to credit us for our unused time and an extra day for booking another time later.

Well the other time came in October of 2014 which happened to be our 45th wedding anniversary. I wanted to make this trip a memorable one for my Bride and I made an unusual request to Margo to assist me in placing 45 long stem Roses in the cabin before we arrived. Margo said she had never received a request like this but went to work and coordinated someone to help me in achieving the surprise. Margo and the down stream neighbors were very accommodating as they received my floral order and placed the bouquets' in the cabin. When my wife walked in the cabin it was a great surprise as we had agreed to not get each other anything for the anniversary.

The Pecos River Cabin is just a slice of Heaven as it has all the amenities of a home and is very quaint and isolated, perfect for a romantic retreat. The skylight above the very comfortable bed gave to stargazing and conversations as to the location of various constellations, the kitchen was a bustle of cooking for all the meals and never went for want of any kitchen utensils as it is very well stocked. The deck out of the kitchen door had a great barbeque and table for outdoor meals. Further down toward the river were two log chairs and a table which were great for the afternoon cocktails and observing the fall flora arrays of color of the Pecos Area.

Evenings were spent by the wood burning stove in the overstuffed chair and couch reading a good book or cuddling up with my bride and watching one of the many videos that come with the cabin.

For the venturesome about 9 miles up the road is the Pecos Wilderness area where you can hike and not see another person other than your crew you are with. The Pecos River has many areas where you can sit and just ponder the world and your place with in it.

I have never personally met Margo but I can say that in my encounters, you will not find anyone as nice and accommodating in a rental property owner/manager., I believe that the cabin is a extension of her personality as you can relax and enjoy your stay knowing that all is taken care of. I will not hesitate to recommend the cabin to anyone venturing to the Santé Fe, Pecos area, and know that my Bride and I will return to this wonderful retreat.

Terry Bybee

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the peace and quiet
Liked least: nothing
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing