Upon arriving at the hotel I fought to find a place to park within the hotel's parking lot. There was a big event going on (bay to beach run...or something like that) right near the hotel and unfortunately it does not appear the hotel has a parking area designated for people who are actually staying at the hotel. The lot was full of people attending the event...what about us who are PAYING for a room at the hotel? Anyway I finally found a spot and entered the hotel. The lobby area, small bar area and resturant area look very nice. The staff was very friendly. I begin heading to my room and as mentioned by many others when reviewing this hotel one of the two elevators was STILL not working. So I waited in line to actually get into the very small elevator. After the elevator loaded left, and came back I finally got in. I arrived at my room and found it average for hotel that appears to be fairly old and 'tired'. No obvious dirt anywhere, the bathroom was clean, the furniture polished and the linen good. The overall appearance of the room was alright but (as mentioned previously) a bit 'dated'. The food at the hotel resturant was alright. Breakfast was good and food plentiful (be sure to get the $2 discount coupon for breakfast during checkin). I had a bacon-double cheeseburger delivered to my room one night and it as well as the desert was good. Room service was very quick! The hotel is located right on the beach which does give a good view. I did not use the pool but it looked good and everyone appeared to be having a good time! The little shop near the pool provides many different small gifts for your visit in Corpus. The staff in the shop were very nice.
One thing I would caution people is to watch the wet floors caused by folks leaving the pool and heading directly into the hotel. Some of the floors are (were) very slippery (mainly in the elevator)
Overall this was an alright stay. If (when) in Corpus again I would probably return here mainly for the location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the perfect blend of casual relaxation and business convenience, with the most unique hotel location in downtown Corpus Christi. Just minutes from downtown businesses, you can enjoy fresh sea air and sand between your toes as you walk the beach behind our hotel. Our spacious bay front rooms, with fantastic views of the bay and marina, featuring free high-speed Internet connection will allow you to relax and conduct business. Enjoy a hearty breakfast in our dining room or room service on your balcony, or maybe a cocktail at our beach side bar. Just a ten minute drive or open air trolley ride gets you to area attractions, such as Texas State Aquarium or the USS Lexington Museum. After work we will provide transportation to downtown restaurants and entertainment. When its time to leave we will take you to the airport as well. Try Emerald Beach once and we are sure you will return every time you visit Corpus Christi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelClick, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Emerald Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - Emerald Beach Hotel Corpus Christi
- Corpus Christi Holiday Inn