“Pleasantly Surprised....it was very good eats!”
Review of Oyshi Sushi

Oyshi Sushi
Ranked #239 of 762 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 1 November 2015

After eating at other sushi places in the area that were recommended by locals and being disappointed afterwards, I did not have high hopes. I was surprised and it was very good overall. My only complaint was that the seaweed salad wasn't. Perhaps they ran out but no one said they did. The rolls were very good and hubby's plate was too. If you don't like fresh jalapeno, let them know ahead of time because they seem to put it on EVERYTHING. Seriously though.....good overall. I'd eat there again.

Reviewed 6 July 2015

I love that you can get sushi in Calallen. There aren't a whole lot of choices for food other than Tex Mex and this a diamond in the rough. The sushi is great but the service on the few times I've been have been a little lackluster. It also gets really busy in the evenings. I'd give 5 stars but the last time I went the service was so slow I finally had to say something to someone walking by. He was a busboy that ended up waiting our table after we were abandoned by our waitress who was more concerned about chatting and visiting her friends who were at the table next to us. Very disappointed and ended up stiffing her entirely on her tip and giving it to the busboy who brought me my food. Also, my sushi order came almost an hour after my Mom was brought her food. I realize sushi takes a bit longer to prepare but the overall lack or service or caring makes me knock off two whole stars. Gets some better help out here and this place will be a 5 star sushi place.

1  Thank HStar07