“Not a great experience”

Mikel May's Beachside Bar and Grill
Ranked #22 of 737 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Central American
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I saw Mikels earlier in the day while exploring the beaches and decided to come back that evening for drinks and appetizers. I ordered a scotch on the rocks and got a glass half full of ice and a splash of scotch in the bottom. My wife ordered one of the drink specials which was not bad. We ordered fried oysters and got 6 very small over battered oysters. When we commented on how small they were the waitress mentioned that the kitchen also noticed it and felt bad about it. Question? Why didn’t they put a few more in the basket? The view is very nice, but for $20 you are definitely paying for the view not the food and drinks.

1  Thank gpetrina

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

On an overcast and windy Spring day with high surf, spending time over the 71F water instead of in it was a great choice. The lunch special was fish tacos topped with a surprisingly refreshing and tasty melon salsa - yes, melon. I would never have thought to put cantaloupe cubes with fish tacos, but I will surely copy this at home. It’s delicious! The seasoned fries were also a tasty inclusion. At $7.99 (discounted for special), it was a very affordable option for a seaside lunch.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

This place is pretty neat- my husband and I wanted to get some drinks & appetizers. It is right on the beach and the food was good. It is not fancy if that is what you are looking for! It was clean, but the chairs are plastic- tables worn from the salt.....very beach though. Wait staff was eclectic- there was a live singer/guitar player who was very good- again- it’s more of a bar but kids could defiantly go

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Went to Mikel Mays as tgecreviews said it was good. The hostess was great and we got seated quickly but that's where the customer service ended with our waitress Jackie. We sat for 15 to 20 minutes and it took me flagging down another waitress Hailey to get Jackie to take our order. She placed the order and only came back once to ask if I was red my check. She didn't even bring the food or drinks and during our meal when I waved to get her attention to get some condiments, she said I'll be right there and never showed up.

The food was ok. Nothing spectacular so I can't up my rating to help that. They had a live singer who wasn't very good but he created an ambience.

If you go, ask for anyone BUT Jackie. Steven the manager was quite nice. He tranfered my ticket to Hailey so i can tip her, since she served us more and actually checked on us while we dined.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I walked in and we were not impressed. Our greeting was not very friendly and when we looked around the restaurant we were not impressed when I looked up at the glasses hanging at the bar they seemed dirty and/or stained. We left! I can’t rate their food because we didn’t stay.