“NEW NAME”

City Diner and Oyster Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

I've been to Corpus several times and was looking forward to the food at City Diner. As I walked up I noticed the sign was different. Decided to try it anyway. Not much of the interior decorating was different. The menu has been completely re-done. I was hoping for oysters and to my disappointment they were no longer on the new menu. I asked my waiter when they changed the menu, and he informed me that City Diner closed about 10 months ago. The new owners and management reopened about 3 months ago. The new name is Bayfront Classic American Diner. Well since I was already here, might as well try it. The house salad was awesome. Vegetables very fresh. I also ordered the Fettuccine alfredo with grilled shrimp. The alfredo was bland, if it wasn't for the shrimp it wouldn't have been very tasty. All in all a pleasurable experience.

1  Thank Todd F

Reviewed 30 March 2017

we stopped in before catching the first OVO on the 29th, and were pressed for time, The chicken fried steak was all garlic, the baked potato was cold, my wifes Philly Cheesesteak was more like hamburger tha thinly sliced steak and also was garlic. The service was excellent, and was clean so the 2 stars.

Reviewed 30 November 2016

I was here with a client. She had the Catch of the Day; I had Broiled Shrimp. Both were delicious. The soups are great, but....back to the house salad dressing.....I could not get enough !!!

Reviewed 16 November 2016

and that's why we went there for lunch. We stopped in at the end of the lunch hour, when it was still quite busy. Neither of us is into oysters, which were popular. I like sushi, Mr. does not, and we ordered more regular lunches. I had the crab cakes and shrimp, Mr. had a cajun pasta with shimp, chicken, crab and crayfish, which he loved - and he usually never gushes about food. I'm taking my review down a notch because I'd have loved an option for unbreaded seafood, plus the seasoned fries were very good but had way too much salt. A lot of us can't do salt anymore.

Reviewed 21 May 2016

Pretty good food and service. If you need a quick bite and don't need anything too snazzy this might be the right spot.