“Nice Local Joint”

City Diner and Oyster Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed 12 November 2015

This is nothing to wirite home to mom about but for this little town, the food is good and comes with large portions. Way too much food for 1 person. The chicken Parm was really good as well as the salads.

Reviewed 10 September 2015

Nice little restaurant was across the street from the hotel we were staying at. Went for dinner, full menu, attentive service. They had real mashed potatoes. Ordered the chicken strips with salad and mashed, they said cream gravy, but was not like any cream gravy I have ever had. Tasted good, but not what I was expecting. Service was quick and friendly. Price was quite reasonable.

Reviewed 11 July 2015

It's not the place it was back in the day, but it is still pretty good. The onion rings are a must try. They have seafood, steaks, burgers and sandwiches. Service is quick and friendly. Prices are about right for downtown Corpus. Plenty of parking in back.

Reviewed 25 June 2015 via mobile

This place looked like it would be a good find while we visited downtown Corpus Christi. I think at one point the food was good but not anymore. We were seated and asked for a kids menu, didn't have any printed.

We ordered from the lunch menu. I ordered the steak and shrimp, MR. My steak came out well done. Asked for a new one, next one came out medium, although it wasn't red on the inside. Looked like the steak was frozen at one point. The shrimp was ok at best, you could tell the fryer wasn't hot enough. My wife ordered, shrimp alfredo. Pasta was over cooked and the shrimp was rubbery. My son's hamburger was dissapointing as well. Looked like a reheated frozen patty from the grocery store.

Overall, I would say it was dissapointing since it looks like at one point it was run well and the food was great.

Reviewed 14 June 2015

NY Strip and Jumbo Shrimp with hand-breaded onion rings and salad. Mmm mmm mmm. This was cooked just right and an amazing price of $20. All 10 of us at the table ordered different dishes, from beef kabobs to the Monte Christo sandwich and everyone enjoyed their food. Adult drinks were offered at a good price. Service was great. It's one block behind the Holiday Inn Marina.