“Quick work trip”

Aka Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #495 of 736 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I stopped in here on our way back from a quick day trip she took with me. The rolls were absolutely delicious. Can't wait to visit again and check out this place. Everything taste yummy and very fresh.

Reviewed 19 April 2017

There are two locations, one downtown and this one. We went to both location while in Corpus and we were very satisfied with the prices and the quality of food. They had plum wine available and an amazing dish called the "avocado bomb" which was awesome, we also tried the texas thunder roll, which quickly became a favorite of ours. The simple rolls were also good. We also loved the garlic edamame, it is amazing. The cucumber roll was very different, half of our table really liked it and the other half did not. You should totally eat here or the other location.

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

I give this place 2 out of 5. My group of four had a room of the main dining hall. First impression was this place is an icebox. My fridge is warmer. I'm glad i had a sweatshirt! I ordered the combination fried rice (shrimp, chicken, steak). When i got it, it was not as much as i expected. It's supposed to come with soup, but even though i mentioned what kind of soup i wanted, no soup ever came. Friends got sushi that feel apart: it's not supposed to do that. The server defended it and said it's the weight of it.... Right. Ok.
Regardless, i spent $18 on a meal that would cost me 7 maybe 8 at any respectable take out place. The server was nice, but you accept the criticism and make amends. That didn't happen. My friends weren't asking to get it free, just said it's not supposed to implode upon lifting. Overall, i was disappointed.

Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

This place is crap. If could give negative stars I would. Our waitress was nice however our Hibachi "chef" was terrible. He put on terrible show and the food was bland. I've had better food from an MRE. This was for my wife's bday and it was a terrible bomb for her. There's a BS gratuity of 18%. It was my wife and I and our two toddler daughter's. That's ridiculous. I'm assuming they charge this so they get "tips" cause this place sucks so bad.

1  Thank PNWFitJeeper
Reviewed 27 September 2016

I have been to Japanese steakhouses from New York to Los Angeles and I have NEVER had anyone douse my entire meal with Teriyaki sauce without even asking. The sad fact is that the steak, vegetables and lobster tail were fresh and of good quality, they did not need a sauce other than the traditional soy to enhance the flavor. I saw the chef pour teriyaki sauce all over the rice too. I did not order Teriyaki hibachi so why did I get it???? LOBSTER TAILS DON'T NEED SAUCE!!!!!!!!