“Get a bunch of appetizers to split”

Aristo's Greek Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Aristo's Greek Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 1,494 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 200 South and 300 South
Transit: UTA Trax University station is located one block east of the restaurant.
Reviewed 16 July 2017

We ate here on a Monday night. It was fairly quiet, but did get a bit busier as the evening went on. We ordered multiple apps to share between the 3 of us. Everything was excellent.

That said, the dessert was the best. I don't remember what it was called, but it was lemon cream in between phyllo dough. Very good and refreshing!

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Ate at Aristo's because the TV coverage brought it to our attention. It's an attractive restaurant and the staff was helpful, friendly, and polite. We ate on the patio on a beautiful evening which was very enjoyable.

The food was fine. The octopus that had been the subject of the TV rave was just OK and the lamb shank was light on meat. Our best dish was the Starter Oretika, but I don't remember the selections.

All in all, this place seemed to be more about the atmosphere and clientele than the food. That's NOT to say the food was bad, just not great and not what one would reasonably expect given the hype.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

We dined well and enjoyed every dish. My son, who knows his seafood, opined that the octopus was the best he had ever eaten. We had dips - all good - avegolemon soup, a Greek salad and shared a chicken entree. Every dish was well prepared, looked appealing on the plate, and tasted very good. Our service was very attentive as well and we even liked the Greek wine we tried for the first time.....all in all a very pleasing dining experience.

Reviewed 7 June 2017

We were here on a Tuesday night during the summer and it was a bit quiet - would have enjoyed a livelier atmosphere but this did not detract from the food or service! As the title of the review implies, my recommendation is to skip the entrees, although they are good (would like to see domestic lamb instead of import) and concentrate on a mix of small plates. We sampled and thoroughly enjoyed various olives, spreads with great pita, octopus, calamari, spanakopita, cheeses, and several others which made for a lot of fun and enjoyment. We had some great cocktails and sampled and enjoyed Greek wines. Finished with a terrific house made baklava and some excellent coffee. Indoor and outdoor seating available and prices are fair and with sampling meze style you can spend as much or little as you please.

Reviewed 12 May 2017

We had a party of 10. The service was very good and the atmosphere was lively, although I thought it got a little warm inside and could have used more AC

We ordered humus and Greek salads to share for appetizers. The pita bread that comes with both is the best I have ever had. The hummus is also very good, as were the salads (except for the tomatoes, such as you can get in May). The salads are easily large enough for 3-4 to share as a first course.

I wish I had ordered a small dish for a second course, but instead I ordered the salmon entree. It came way overcooked, dry as a board, and difficult to swallow. My wife thought her pork chops were cooked well and my son liked his chicken dish. I did not survey the other diners. We have eaten there before and enjoyed it so I this may have been a bad night for the chef or a bad choice on my part.