“Delightful Neighborhood Hot Spot”
Review of Straw Market

Straw Market
Ranked #277 of 1,578 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Reviewed 3 December 2017

Located right on the corner in The Avenues neighborhood, this little place packs a punch! When you first walk in, you might not think you are in the right place. It is unassuming and the type of place you just walk right up and order at the counter. Creamer and other supplies are kept in a communal fridge that all customers have access to for fixing up their hot drinks.
Let me forewarn you: EVERYTHING is good. We tried a few things, having arrived for breakfast but quickly realizing that they had stuff we wanted to eat later. We took full advantage and took some homemade soup to go for later. The one I chose was the Curry Butternut Squash soup and it was the BEST soup ever. My hubby stuck with the Chicken Noodle and he was thrilled with it.
Of course with our omelettes we tried the cinnamon rolls and they were fantastic as well. Let's talk about money for a minute.
You won't spend a lot here (unless you are like us and keep ordering stuff!!) For a simple meal you will likely get out at under $10 a head and that's only if you eat a LOT.
Not a lot of seating but the option to take stuff home is available too. Check it out and make sure you bring your appetite!!

Reviewed 23 November 2017

Wife and I stopped in for breakfast. We both ordered an omelette and included a cinnamon roll with each breakfast. The rolls were delicious. Drip coffee was ok. Food was really greasy and just not very tasty. I would stop by again for the rolls. Avoid eating anything else.

Reviewed 16 November 2017

We were touring Salt Lake and found Straw Market. The food was fine and reasonably priced. I treated myself to one of the cinnamon rolls which as decadent.

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Decent food at a VERY affordable price. Loved that you can substitute a cinnamon roll for toast with any of their breakfasts. I had the California omelet and my husband had the full breakfast. We requested to sit outside but the place got busy and they didn't set up a table for us. My husband's order of bacon also was forgotten until we reminded them. Food including the cinnamon roll was otherwise standard. The price point is what makes this place worth it.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Quaint little breakfast joint. On the suggestion of our AirBNB host I gave this place a second glance. If I lived in this neighborhood I could see this becoming my regular breakfast hangout.

Food was good. We both got omelettes with the house made strawberry jam for our wheat toast. The omelettes had generous portions of meat and veggies. The hashbrowns were nice and crisp. You have the option of toast or a cinnamon roll. We opted wheat toast and got the side of house made jam (wish they sold this in a jar). The cinnamon rolls looked fabulous as well. Self serve drinks. Coffee was passable for a small breakfast restaurant. Wait staff was very friendly.

Date of visit: September 2017