“nice dinner, tasty red curry, although a litte too much of chunks of pepper...”

Sawadee Thai Restaurant
Ranked #46 of 1,495 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 15
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Sawadee invites you to her beautiful, new restaurant in downtown Salt Lake City for authentic Thai cuisine.
Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Everything was very good, I would maybe try to increase hotness by other means other than adding big chunks of pepper, overall it was a good experience.

Reviewed 3 November 2017

Great food, great service. I have never ordered anything that isn't good. I live in Washington DC but always go to this Thai restaurant when I come to SLC. The seafood soup is wonderful as is the Pad Thai, the coconut curry, the Massaman Curry, and on and on.

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Thai food is a passion for me. Been enjoying Thai food for 50+ years in Thailand and those cities w/truly great Thai communities such as L.A, which has the largest Thai community in the world outside of Thailand & is home to absolutely great Thai restaurants. Until now, my favorite Thai dining experiences in the U.S have been in L.A. But, here in SLC, Sawadee stands out clearly as one of the finest Thai restaurants anywhere/anytime. What a surprise for this visitor. Po Tak soup (seafood) is VERY difficult to prepare/present correctly - & Sawadee’s is the best I have had - EVER. Ditto their glass-noodle entree’s. Add to their very authentic and amazing cooking prowess are terrific setting, ambiance & service all offered at only a fraction of the cost of most upper echelon Thai restaurants. If you want to sample the best examples of one of the most unique ethnic foods - Thai - then, Sawadee is a “must”. Enjoy.

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Had a craving for Thai and my son knew just the place. Sawadee was nice place and my hopes were high. I got the luncheon special of fried spring roll with tom ka gai soup and chicken yellow curry dish. My son ordered pad tai. My food was great and portioned well for a lunch menu. He got the single serving pad tai which was huge. Service was good and the bathroom was super clean. It was all under $20. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed 20 October 2017

I really loved the food from Sawadee. They had amazing food at a very reasonable price that was fresh and was brought to the table hot. We went before the peak meal time so our service was very fast, but I have been told that it is a very popular place and it can be a bit slow during the peak dinner time. It wouldn't stop me from going back at all, I really loved the food and I will make sure to stop by on my next trip to Salt Lake.