“Authentic Thai, huge portions”

Sawadee Thai Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 1,500 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 15
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Sawadee invites you to her beautiful, new restaurant in downtown Salt Lake City for authentic Thai cuisine.
Reviewed 21 July 2017

This was my first time to Sawadee and loved it! It is right in down town with plenty of parking next to the building. They give you huge portions which were enough for two people to share one entrée. The prices were excellent especially given the large portions. I got the Thai Red Curry which was delicious, while my brother got the shrimp sawadee with peanut sauce which was also great. Our server was friendly, helpful, and efficient. This is definitely authentic Thai food. I loved the atmosphere as it was new, clean, modern with authentic décor. This can be a special occasion or just a casual meal. I am definitely coming back to Sawadee!

Reviewed 19 July 2017

We ordered the Garlic Chicken Stir Fry to share. There was plenty for both of us and it was delicious. They will spice dishes according to your preference and we loved our meal. The service was good and the prices were also good.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

After attending a basketball game at the University of Utah, we came to Sawadee based on TA reviews. We were not disappointed. The service was friendly and efficient. The food was outstanding. We started with chicken satay and spring rolls- both were excellent. We also enjoyed a giant platter of Pad Thai which had excellent flavor. My favorite was the stir fried vegetables and tofu- such great flavor. We definitely have a new favorite place in Salt Lake.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

If you're craving a tasty Pad Thai with mountains of noodles, arrive extra hungry at Sawadee Thai. I love that Pad Thai is typically gluten free, so it's one of my favorite things to order (of course double check and let your server know you're eating gluten free). My friend ordered tofu and I ordered the chicken. I thought the flavor quality actually better than the last time we visited. Everything arrived hot and noodles evenly dressed. The lunch hour is busy, so it will be noisy. Get there before 11:45 if you can.

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

The yellow curry has just the right balance of heat, sweet, and robust Thai flavors you would expect. The consistency of the curry is perfect. Not soupy and not gloppy...just a rich creaminess that's thick enough to coat the meat and vegetables nicely. Portion sizes are fairly large with plenty of extra fragrant jasmine rice. Overall this is a great place to have a casual dine-in or call ahead take out.