“Best Thai I’ve had in SLC”
Review of Skewered Thai

Skewered Thai
Ranked #137 of 1,496 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I had to eat alone after work one night while on business. The place is not fancy, but the service is welcoming and my red curry was delicious. Brown rice made me feel healthy.

The restaurant was not full, but I several people come in to pick up take out orders. The kitchen is busy.

I’d happily go back. Maybe next time with others so I can try/share more dishes?

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

I had dinner here twice with friends during a week long visit to SLC. The setting in an old building is warm and inviting. The food was very good. I am a bit of a Thai snob and this food quality was in the top 30% of Thai food I have had in the USA. It does not have the complexity or varied menu of traditional Thai food but it is quite good by USA standards. We found the curries and dark brown rice especially good. The 1-5 spice ranking is a bit hotter than normal. If you like it spicy then select “3”, if you like it really spicy, select “4”. If you are crazy select “5” but do so at your own peril. The prices are reasonable. If you have an option to select your waitress, ask for Laidy lyn. She is a delight! Enjoy!!

Reviewed 21 February 2018

I'm vegan, though I also sometimes eat vegetarian, and I was impressed by how many options I found on their menu! I ordered the coconut soup with vegetables (tom kha I think was the name) and it was creamy, hot, and delicious. I ordered the Pad Thai with tofu for my main course and I loved it! Portions were a good size for the price, and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. I also really like the decor and the atmosphere.

My only critique was that all of the vegetables were cut so large! I had to either use a knife to cut them smaller, or spear it with my fork, take a bite out of the vegetable, alide it back off my fork, and then go back for noodles. They were definitely not bite-sized pieces, which also made eating the soup an interesting experience.

Other than that, I loved it!

Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

Foods was just alright I had the pad Thai with chicken , I only had this once before at another place to compare it to, but it was as good but not bad either it was a bit old and dryer that I would like , it looked old brocade it was dry, like other posters they did serve mine way before they served my friends . Food was quick and service was good kept my water cup filled , greatly appreciated that and the time they left us catch up on old times and new,
My meal looked like the other ones post.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

I have not been here in person but have ordered from here through Grubhub. All of the food we've received is great. The chicken pad thai as well as the yellow curry are my favorites. They also have a delicious Mango sticky rice. The portions are very filling.