“Excellent and unique tastes”
Review of Alberto's Mexican Food - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Alberto's Mexican Food
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 1 February 2016 via mobile

We were a group of 7 and it was busy on Saturday night during the film festival. We got lucky when a group left before dessert just as. Walked up. We all agreed we tasted dishes we had never seen before. The seasoning was strong and delicious. Service was excellent and atmosphere lively. We loved it. They had no trouble accommodating us in a short timeframe so we could make our movie.

Reviewed 17 January 2016

I'm not sure how long ago the Mexican restaurant at this location was known as Alberto's, but it was Beto's when I started eating at it and is now Mezquite. I used to only get the bean and cheese burrito, but have since moved on to trying others since they changed names and fixed up the building. I have a good experience with the food about 70% of the time, but that may be my preference in taste. The Monterrey burrito I just had was listed as having some meats and white cheese, but it was almost all meat and a little orange cheese so I wouldn't trust the menu too much. It was good enough to eat the whole thing, but I wouldn't order it again.

The pricing is about $5 for a huge burrito that I usually can't finish before feeling full. The seating is like a fast food restaurant, but they make the food to order and the lettuce has always been crispy.

Reviewed 22 April 2015

Alberto's is a drive-in, take-away and self serve Mexican food restaurant with a bevy of locations throughout the area. Each one is slightly different. But the food is filling and delicious. Be sure to take a couple of red and green sauce containers to spread on your food. I especially like the chile relleano combination. The rice is usually juicy and not mushy and the refried beans are not soupy. I also like the chimichanga and burrito plates. You will be served quickly and with a smile and your tummy will be happy as well.

Reviewed 6 January 2015

There is not a restaurant around that will consistenly beat the value of a Alberto's burrito for the money you get a good serving of food with good overall flavor. From time to time a little too salty but other than that...well worth the trip...and open super late too.

Reviewed 9 February 2013

Best quick/casual Mexican breakfast burritos I've found in the SLC area. The horchata is VERY good, and free on Tuesdays. The sausage breakfast burrito and chorizo are my favorites. It's pricier than Betos and portions seem smaller...but I've usually regretted Betos about 5 minutes after eating it. You pay a little more and get a little less at Albertos but it's noticeably better quality and it's never made me feel sick.