“Greek Fast Food”

Add it.
Greek Express Yannis
Ranked #794 of 1,517 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Reviewed 15 September 2017

I meet a group of friends here for lunch. The service was fast. I had the classic gyro - very good, I really liked the pita bread. I also had some baklava, which was very good - but I am not sure you can mess up a recipe that is just sugar, sugar, and more sugar. (Yes I do know it is made from honey - but honey is a form of sugar

Reviewed 13 September 2016

I have been going to Yanni's since the 1970s, since I have loved their Gyros (Yeeros) with red sauce. They were consistently good for almost 40 years. Other items were also excellent, but since I moved far away 14 years ago, I have only been ordering the Yeero with red sauce when I was in Sugarhouse area. So it was that I recently was in the neighborhood and went into Yanni's to order the usual. However, this time the food was not good. While the pita bread seemed ok, the meat was just laid on it and a strange new red sauce was put over it. They obviously lost their recipe that they used for 40 years. The meat seemed okay, and may have been good with a cucumber (white) sauce. But the red sauce was mostly flavorless, but kind of disgusting. I guess all things come to an end. Goodbye to the place I used to love.

Reviewed 19 April 2016 via mobile

Dear owner:
When your restaurant goes bankrupt it is not because of any theory you have. It is simply because your food is so terrible we had to leave it and walk out. We love greek food and yours is the worst in the United States.

Gyro meat good, bread good, white mayonnaise thinking it is Taziki ruined it.

French fries are in old dirty grease with no flavor, probably frozen for three years. Funky french fry flavor but size adequate.

Salad? How about vinegar soup with lettuce. So much dressing it is unbearable!

Coffee? Do you use instant? Not sure but it is like watered down nasty cheap coffee and they said they were making some fresh. Were not in camping conditions.

Husband disliked his food also so we left and ate somewhere else.

There is a reason three workers are standing around doing nothing during prime dinner hour. Not a single person inside.

Giving Greece a bad image.

Reviewed 25 February 2016 via mobile

I live less than a mile from Yannis. Many an evening, I've been too tired to cook or even stop off at the grocery store. Yannis has healthy choices and a drive-thru, as well. Try the gyro or the chicken souvlaki. Both are awesome.

I've always taken it to-go. One teensy point off for the dining room. It's small and semi run down. But don't let that stop you. It's still the best drive-thru meal you'll find in salt lake.

Reviewed 25 April 2015 via mobile

I've eaten at Yanni's many times. The service is as good as the food. My favorites are the bacon and cheese burgers and the gyros. A few friends of mine and I challenged each other to find a place with a better burger. So far, Yanni's gets the prize.