“Excellent Mole”

Red Iguana
Ranked #5 of 1,421 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 30
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 14 March 2017

If you like real, homemade Mole this is the place for you! They have everything you could ask for!
This place is not in the best part of town, but don't worry, you will be safe. It is a quaint little restaurant with tons of south of the Border ambiance and there is also some overflow outside seating which is nice in the warmer months of the year.
If you love "real" Mexican food this is the place. Also try its sister restaurant The Blue Iguana just north of there-not as much mole, but one of my favs!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 13 March 2017

I have eaten at Red Iguana many times but on my last visit it was awful and the service was terrible. I ordered a chile verde burrito and left about 75% of it on my plate (which is so not like me). Instead of a nice chile verde taste, it tasted bitter like too much of one spice was added. Hopefully this was a one time bad experience as I have enjoyed Red Iguana in the past.

Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

The 39 minute wait outside in the cold was made better by heaters and hot cider. The food and service are fabulous. Too many menu choices just means that we'll be back!

Reviewed 13 March 2017

My family has been going to RI for over 30 years. The food has always been fantastic. About 25 years ago, right before my wife and I got married we visited there and the reputation was lame service. The service now is fantastic. My mouth is watering just thinking about tacos. I love to take visitors to Salt Lake to this place. I love that there is always a wait and a long line. It helps remind me this is one of Salt Lake's best kept secrets.

Reviewed 13 March 2017

I have been going to the Red Iguana for many years and have never been disappointed. Love the lunch specials because they are things outside of the regular menu. Fun way to try new things.